Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Has activity on the classifieds decreased in the past year or so? Just curious, I have things listed almost two weeks ago that should already be gone!

It has. Part of the reason (IMO) is that many vendors are dumping inventory at crazy-low prices, so it's tough to compete with that.

I expect that one day might bring a resurgence (but I'm no fortune teller). I guess we'll find out.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Are you referring to online vendors? Most of all the major players are still going strong, of course they are shipping with a private courier service. :)

Yeah. Have you looked at the prices of some of the stuff lately? Some mods that had been going for $65-90 are now running $20-35. Not all, but enough to hurt the pre-owned market.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
I've been looking at new releases I've been interested in but the prices are what you would expect for new release items. I haven't seen anything like you're talking about though. Why are they selling at such low prices? If you want to PM me the sites that's fine, you got me curious now lol

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I've been looking at new releases I've been interested in but the prices are what you would expect for new release items. I haven't seen anything like you're talking about though. Why are they selling at such low prices? If you want to PM me the sites that's fine, you got me curious now lol

Do you subscribe to the VapingCheap.com e-mail newsletter? If not, sign up. I think they come daily and I've seen some head-tilters recently.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Is this a China shop?

They have ads from both China and the US. Nothing consistent so just glance at them when they arrive. Each ad tells you where it's from. These three are all China but you'll see plenty of US there too.

upload_2022-5-6_20-32-1.png

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yeah. Have you looked at the prices of some of the stuff lately? Some mods that had been going for $65-90 are now running $20-35.

Really? I haven't seen good prices in the USA for a a couple years. Sure, I've seen a good clearance price here and there on some random stuff, but the days of mega clearance stopped in 2019 as far as I can tell. The bargain bin thread was utterly dead and no closed. That was a booming thread. Even China prices have gone up, especially shipping?

Personally I think there are a lot of reasons why folks stopped looking for stuff in the classies, and I think one of the is that some people are scared to have things shipped to them.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Has activity on the classifieds decreased in the past year or so? ...

It has.

But it really Isn't a huge surprise. Or maybe Shouldn't be. Give that the Overall Traffic of the ECF has Fallen Off Dramatically in the last Year or so.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Maybe I might need to reduce a bit? I dunno, I really thought I was priced pretty well.

Another reason sales might not happen quickly is because lot of people who watch the classies have stocked up to the gills. Color can play a big factor in most cases. Best place I found to sell was on reddit, but reddit banned all the vape classies.

What seems to move the fastest these days (and pretty much always) is mid to high end gear, but of course that depends on many factors, but that's seems to sell the fastest (and really always has). If you wanna move chinese stuff fast, you have to practically give it away in most cases.

• Agree
    Reactions: rosesense

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Gas prices. People are hurting financially even though there seems to oddly not be much talk about it on the internet. Gas prices affect everything, yet it's like as if no one notices...yet I know everyone has less discretionary income as wages have not gone up to reflect cost of living for many years now.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2011
    Really? I haven't seen good prices in the USA for a a couple years. Sure, I've seen a good clearance price here and there on some random stuff, but the days of mega clearance stopped in 2019 as far as I can tell. The bargain bin thread was utterly dead and no closed. That was a booming thread. Even China prices have gone up, especially shipping?

Personally I think there are a lot of reasons why folks stopped looking for stuff in the classies, and I think one of the is that some people are scared to have things shipped to them.

No need to be scared! :)

• Agree
    Reactions: DPLongo22
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread