ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
Good morning. Yes, there is a classified section in the buying and selling forums. You need to be verified in order to buy or sell, here’s a link...

How To Become A Verified Member
Ok, I did the PayPal verification, how long does it take to be verified? I noticed my status went from full member to senior member.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Ok, I did the PayPal verification, how long does it take to be verified? I noticed my status went from full member to senior member.

That’s a good question, AFAIK j0ker is still doing all the verifications so it depends on his schedule. Maybe @classwife can give a better answer.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

There is only one moderator who does the verification process, this means it can take a few days to a month or more to be verified once you submit your information etc. It's all dependant upon how many people are before you and how much time he has.

Your change in member status is due to post count alone, and nothing to do with being verified.

When your verified you will see it on you profile or your avatar section of your posts.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
That’s a good question, AFAIK j0ker is still doing all the verifications so it depends on his schedule. Maybe @classwife can give a better answer.

You gave the perfect answer :)

Moved this to Site Feedback and Help.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think there's like a long explanation about that somewhere, as in "How to give someone access to paypal information without actually sending a small amount of money?"

There are other ways to get access to the classifieds, I think you can get a verified member to verify you and I also hazily remember something about going to a notary public. If that sounds more appealing than the $1 fee, you could probably do that.

As far as the time it takes, I really don't know, I got verified rather rapidly but there is only one mod (I think) who does them on weekends so it could be a few days, or several weeks. It depends. But, if you haven't sent in your $1 yet, then yes, your request is going to sit, I'd imagine as it would be incomplete. Also making sure you had the correct post count and everything WHEN you sent the request could perhaps have kicked it back if you didn't have the right number of posts.

I hope some of the above answers your question but I'm sure it will get seen based on where you posted it.

Good luck,

Anna

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Posting Private Messages is not allowed without permission

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I don't know what's going on. Last I heard @Joker said he couldn't access the section of this forum to make someone a verified member. That was 5/21/2018.
(Removed Private Message posted without permission)
Anyone...PLEASE tell me I am wrong, because I really like this forum.

I wouldn’t worry about that, j0ker is good peeps. I’m sure he’ll get you straightened out as soon as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Edwin Betz

Wooots

Mar 25, 2018
I think there's like a long explanation about that somewhere, as in "How to give someone access to paypal information without actually sending a small amount of money?"

There are other ways to get access to the classifieds, I think you can get a verified member to verify you and I also hazily remember something about going to a notary public. If that sounds more appealing than the $1 fee, you could probably do that.

As far as the time it takes, I really don't know, I got verified rather rapidly but there is only one mod (I think) who does them on weekends so it could be a few days, or several weeks. It depends. But, if you haven't sent in your $1 yet, then yes, your request is going to sit, I'd imagine as it would be incomplete. Also making sure you had the correct post count and everything WHEN you sent the request could perhaps have kicked it back if you didn't have the right number of posts.

I hope some of the above answers your question but I'm sure it will get seen based on where you posted it.

Good luck,

Anna

i have everything ( post count & time here ) but yeah i didnt sent the fee, because, i mean, what ?
Unless you send it and he doesnt take it and just look at the adress.

because if the need to check my paypal i dont mind do the necessary screenshot, so with my ID or whatever else.

Because like Edwin Betz said, 1$ per applicant... ^^

Note i dont say that for the 1$ itself just a matter of principle. Especialy when i'am only looking ( since more than 2months now ) for only one particular item.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Absolutely NOT

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member