The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Clean Stardust

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by Smile n' shine, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Smile n' shine

Smile n' shine Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 13, 2012
    Canada
    How many times have you been able to clean your stardust before it expires?

2. therealcmac

therealcmac Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have cleaned mine out 3 or 4 times before they become unuseable. My method is just a rinse and dry burn.

3. 1kshooter

1kshooter Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    wet behind the ears here ...I have 510T ego's and a lava tube ...I use stardust on both how do you clean them and when?
    thanks folks
    Jonathan

4. Smile n' shine

Smile n' shine Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 13, 2012
    Canada
    There are a few ways to do it, one is taking it apart which I haven't bothered to tinker with. There are a few youtube videos for instructions. But I have attempted to take the easy route and just rinse with a syringe of warm water & dry burn the wick. Be careful when dry burning the wick, if you hold the battery button too long it will ruin the star dust.

Maybe there are others who can offer more tips than I can regarding a thorough cleaning :)

I'm going for cleaning #3 today....will see how long I get out of this one.

5. 1kshooter

Jun 4, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    oh ok...so do you clean it when it no longer works or ..as a preventitive means? how often...i heard some where to dunk them in Klearo? or Vodka?? ...ya i'm lost lol

6. martinc

martinc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2011
    Montreal,Quebec,Canada
    nah,usually hot water and dry burn does the thing on everything...its burning the gunk up that is the critical part,when done successfully,coil is like new and wick is white...some horrid smell comes out while doing the gunk part...eeek

You do it when vapor production goes down...means coil is encased in gunk

7. larktdl

larktdl Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2009
    Strathmore, AB
  8. Battlelance

Battlelance Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    NB, Canada
    Yeah there is really no need to completely disassemble the stardust. Simply rinse (or soak) in hot water to clean out the tank and any leftover juice on the wick, then dry burn. Let the thing dry, fill with new juice, wait 5 minutes, vape.

I have two stardusts here that I've cleaned probably about 10 times so far and they are around 2 months old. Still great flavour and vapor production as when they were new.

9. mojojo

mojojo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I must of cleaned mine about 10 times now since last week.. lol

I'm new to DIY and still trying to figure out my ADV and since I used mostly vg my poor stardust is stuck getting abused and gunked up until the other 10 or 15 I ordered get here..lol

I disasemble mine rinse in hot water and dry burn.... Keep an eye on that little O ring when you unscrew your tip though, that little sneak likes to escape.. I lost mine on my last wash :facepalm:

youtube has some pretty good vids like the others say, that's what I did.

10. fourtytwo

fourtytwo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Toronto
    Still working on the first one I got about 6 weeks ago.
    I'm thinking I might have to pour motor oil into it before it dies. I have a half dozen more unopened.

11. mostlyclassics

mostlyclassics Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use a cheap ultrasonic cleaner and 91% isopropyl alcohol to clean mine. No dry-burning: the alcohol plus ultrasonic treatment seems to get the wick and coil clean enough. Then I baste the cracks at the base with Ambroid plastic welding juice.

I still have the first two Stardusts I bought several months ago. About every 7-10 ml., I clean them. Despite each having had at least 120 ml. of e-liquid run through them, they both still vape like champs.

12. Battlelance

Battlelance Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    NB, Canada
    Oh and a tip. If you get a dead stardust, keep the parts! I have little wick/coils kicking around, a couple empty tubes, a few tips (the damn threads always strip because I crank em tight), orings, etc. You never know when you might need to rebuild a stardust from the parts bin :)

13. 1kshooter

Jun 4, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Awesome folks and thanks for your help!
    Today i went insane...almost lol my Stardusts were not giving me any flavor..lots of vape but I could not even tast the Menthol!!!!! ahhh I almost went to the pack of 10 cigs I have not touched for 5 days now!!!!
    switched batterys and kept at it..and it's a little better now?
    and my wife is having a Stardust issue as well she is the one with a sweet tooth and vapes Chocolate..Wurthers and choc/mousse and so on well ...her e-liquids are getting darker and darker in the Stardust and she said that it starts with great taste but after half a tank it goes very dark and tastes like burnt plastic?
    please help!! ...neither of us want to go back to cigarettes!
    thanks folks!
    Jonathan

14. martinc

martinc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2011
    Montreal,Quebec,Canada
    Dark juices gunk up the coil mucho faster than clear juices;if you vape dark juices exclusively,you might have to clean them more often.

Menthol is clear,but some stuff in the juice could gunk up the coil fast as well.(sugar,type of essence,etc)

My DIY juices (without or with very little sweeteners) barely gunk them,liquid remains clear if not a bit yellowish after 3-4 refills.(I fill mine when they reach half)

15. mostlyclassics

mostlyclassics Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Excellent suggestion, Battlelance.

16. RichardV

RichardV Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have been using a stardust for 5 weeks now (8 hours a day) using a vanilla flavor. After filling 4 times the remaining liquid does get very dark. I then rinse it out with hot water several times until the wick is almost white again, shaking the water inside it helps clean it faster. Last week after a regular cleaning and getting it dry I soaked it in "Golden Grain" alcohol 190 proof for 1 hour then let it dry and it is as good as new.
    Her wick may be getting gunked up giving her that burned taste, try the rinsing and then alcohol cleaning it may solve her burned taste.
    On your losing the flavor today it may be your taste buds, they replace themselves every few weeks. I went thru a 3 day period 2 weeks ago where almost none of my flavors tasted worth a darn, even food!

17. 1kshooter

Jun 4, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    thanks a lot for your help and input....I am going to pick up a different cart/clearo this weekend and I think I am going to ask about the Boge 2ohm as i see it mentioned a lot ...want something that I can use on my e-go 510 for work and my Lava tube when ever I am awake and have a free hand lol
    Jonathan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.