Cleaned my cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplyme82

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Murrieta, CA
First, this method is probably already out there. I'm not trying to take credit for this. At this point, I'm not even sure if it will work or not, so please do not go trying this until I post my results.

IMG_20111231_131642.jpg IMG_20111231_131757.jpg IMG_20111231_131859.jpg

I got this syringe from Walgreens for a couple bucks and it comes with the little attachment. As you can see I had some caramel apple in this carto. Thew some water in a coffee cup and heated it up in the microwave. Attached the carto the the attachment and sucked water through the carto. I did this a few times. Changed the water, reheated and repeated.

I've tried to upload the after picture showing a very white filler, but it's failing for some reason. I'll try again later.

I now have my cartos sitting upside down on a towel to dry. I'll probably let them dry over night or up to a few days. I've heard of people throwing their carto in the oven at a very low setting for a couple hours. Not sure if this is safe or not, so won't risk it.

Either way, I'll post back later after I fill one up and fire it off and I'll also try to get that after pic loaded.

On another note, I saw someone post a video showing a very easy way to fill a carto. This guy created an adapter for a syringe and would fill his carto by sucking the liquid just as I did with the water. Not trying to step on his toes, but seems like if someone wanted to fill a carto using that method, they could buy this syringe and save themselves the trouble of making an adapter. Just an idea.

Edit: Just smelled both my cartos and they still smell like the juice that I had in there. Maybe this cleaning method didn't work all that well.

Attachments

• IMG_20111231_131718.jpg
    IMG_20111231_131718.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20111231_131728.jpg
    IMG_20111231_131728.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

WyldRice

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2012
Minnesnowta
Edit: Just smelled both my cartos and they still smell like the juice that I had in there. Maybe this cleaning method didn't work all that well.
My best Answer- IF you Like a lot of different juices.
1. buy a few boxes of your favorite cartos- Boges/Smoktek's are cheap, and a lot of vapers like them.
2. blow them out to clean, and use the same juice in them.
They last longer for me this way, plus I've tried cleaning carts 10 times, 5 different way, with little success.
Dry Burn+More juice+Blow it out = safest on coil
2 weeks of use on a $1-$2 carto is well worth the money!
Personally, I like using them with Tanks (no dripping/topping off every ten minutes! BUT you can't switch juices!)

simplyme82

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Murrieta, CA
Update????
One carto had a very stiff draw afterwards and didn't produce any vapor. The other fired off the way it did before I cleaned it. I'm not sure if it was all in my mind or I actually tasted it, but I thought there were some lingering tastes from the previous juice. With that said, I've heard it's hard to get the taste of cinnamon out of a carto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread