Cleaning a KR80D-1 Manual Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0xity

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Northern California
Battery in question: V4L KR808D-1 Manual XL

I've been pretty careful about not letting juice flow into the threaded end of the battery and haven't had any performance issues but was wondering: What's the best way to clean them? I think I can see a drop of juice or just a spot of burgundy (the same color of the juice I mostly use) in the tiny hole. Hesitant to put anything in there without someone's advice.

dormouse, you got this one?

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Just use a dry tissue or tee shirt on the threaded end. If you need to, when the battery is uncharged, you could use a bit of rubbing alcohol on a tissue. Don't poke anything in the end hole. For the little side holes around the threads, I use the tip of one kind of angled plastic dental picks the size of toothpicks (check drugstore or grocery store) but only stick them in a tiny bit to clean the hole.

Every time, before I put the battery on a charger, I wipe the threaded end with tissue or tee shirt - you don't want to transfer any juice film into your charger or PCC

If I have been sick (cold, flu, whatever) I clean the body of the battery with a Clorox wipe (they are barely damp) and I avoid the pushbutton where it is open into the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread