Status
Not open for further replies.

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
I've done a search on the forum and on youtube and can't find an answer to my question (maybe I'm using the wrong search terms. I have a Riva 510 tank atty and want to know how and how often to clean it.

I've read about the dry burn (sounds scary for this newbie), steam cleaning (not sure how that works):unsure:, soaking in alcohol (IPA, right?), ultrasonic (as in a jewelry cleaner with the cleaner solution or alcohol?):?:, and boiling. All of these methods I've read about for a regular atty but will they also work for a tank atty?

What method is best and easiest?

star213

Nov 28, 2010
Sacramento
hithere its been a long time since i used atty's ive switched to cartos all the way but when i was using them with my 510 i also was too scared to dryburn my attys i tried it once and it tasted like poop for forever ... my method was to soak in alcohol and use a syringe to flush my attys out and make sure the water or alcohol was coming out clear then setup and let dry at least overnight (i would setup a small room heater in front of mine so i knew they would be dry in the morning.. you have to make sure they are dry before trying to use them. also alcohol is better as far as dry time goes.. sound like youve researched alot so you may have already known all this but this is what i did.. personally i think cleaning attys is a huge pain in the .... and totally not worth it.. but as far as tank vs. regular i dont see at all why you couldnt use any of the other methods you mentioned..... good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread