Cleaning an iClear 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enzzo

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2013
USA
Recently my iclear has been tasting pretty burnt and lacking in vapor production. It is a bit old but my problem is I did reorder new ones, but through fasttech...so....yeah.

Bascially would cleaning these help my situation at all? If so, how do you go about cleaning one? Is it a complicated process or is it as simple as taking the wicks out and running them under water? I've never tried cleaning them before.

As always, Thanks guys!

Enzzo

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2013
USA
Yep, I clean mine every 2 refills.

Take apart and rinse under warm water, then I soak in Vodka for a few hours, then rinse again under water, let dry over night reuse.

I've 3 heads in rotation, and haven't had to throw one out yet, it's been 7 months.

Woah! That's awesome. Is it possible to clean them in a shorter period of time? I'm saying this because this is my only tank until (god knows when) my fasttech shippment clears HK post. I don't mind a couple hours but I'll be buggin out waiting overnight for the tank.

Although this is incredibly helpful, I just ordered a few more so I can do exactly what you just said. Thanks so much

Recently my iclear has been tasting pretty burnt and lacking in vapor production. It is a bit old but my problem is I did reorder new ones, but through fasttech...so....yeah.

Bascially would cleaning these help my situation at all? If so, how do you go about cleaning one? Is it a complicated process or is it as simple as taking the wicks out and running them under water? I've never tried cleaning them before.

As always, Thanks guys!

I dry burn, boil some water, let them soak for ten or fifteen minutes, carefully dry with a paper towell and go. I see people post a lot of over complicated ways of doing this that take a full day with the same results.

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
I've 3 heads in rotation, and haven't had to throw one out yet, it's been 7 months.

My iClear 30's, four in rotation, are 3 months old and the heads are just now needing replacement. I rinse them out about once a week under the faucet, dry burn, allow them to dry, and refill them.

WOW!!! If you can get that much mileage out of a head/wick I guess the consumption of the liquid is almost a tradeoff to the longevity in not having to buy replacement heads so often for those of us who dont rewick/rebuild coils. :p
The 6 extra coils I got might outlast my 2 tanks. :D

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
Yep, I clean mine every 2 refills.

Take apart and rinse under warm water, then I soak in Vodka for a few hours, then rinse again under water, let dry over night reuse.

Wow!!! 7 months is an awesome amount of time for them to last!!! :toast:

fleur_de_lis-in-FL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Central FL
I dry burn, boil some water, let them soak for ten or fifteen minutes, carefully dry with a paper towell and go. I see people post a lot of over complicated ways of doing this that take a full day with the same results.
I do about the same, except I run it through the ultrasonic cleaner with hot water, then dry and go.

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
I think the everclear soak would be beneficial if it where extremely gunked up or as a more desperate measure to salvage the coil for a little more use.

I use the Everclear soak on all my coils and it works wonders. I highly recommend it for cleaning them. Is it necessary? Hard to say, the only way to figure that out is to try it as YMMV!

devauto

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
NoVA
I think the everclear soak would be beneficial if it where extremely gunked up or as a more desperate measure to salvage the coil for a little more use.

I use the Everclear soak on all my coils and it works wonders. I highly recommend it for cleaning them. Is it necessary? Hard to say, the only way to figure that out is to try it as YMMV!

Sorry, double post, wish I could delete it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread