Not open for further replies.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
It's electrolytic corrosion, from stray current in the presence of an electrolyte - eliquid vapor condensed on the metal surfaces, then current passing thru it. Loads of different metals accelerates it, add in some aluminum somewhere (a horrible metal, to be avoided at all costs*) and bingo! Ya got dead electrons.

Well, I spent years in marine engineering where we had plenty of electrolytic corrosion like this, and nobody ever came up with such a great name for that gunk. It's oxides of the various metals plus residues from the liquid of course, but what the hell, dead electrons sounds way cooler. I like it.

What the ecig really needs is a zinc anode fitted in there somewhere, a 2 kilo one should fix it.

* Find an aluminum ladder that's not anodised, put your hands on it. They come off black with filth even though the metal is bright and looks clean. Ali corrodes like hell and melts away in the sun. Don't take it anywhere near the sea - or even sea air. In fact don't take it anywhere. Give me 70-30 cupronickel or 316 stainless any day :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

What the ecig really needs is a zinc anode fitted in there somewhere, a 2 kilo one should fix it.

I found an easier solution was to place a 2 meter copper ground rod thru my floor and then attach a 4ga copper cable to my PV. I will admit that the cable does make lifting my PV a tad heavy. That and I can only vape in a 1.5 meter radius of the ground rod because that is the cable length.

But these are small inconveniences compared to cleaning out my PV with a Q-Tip 3 times a week.

aphlaque_duck

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2010
San Jose, CA
I found an easier solution was to place a 2 meter copper ground rod thru my floor and then attach a 4ga copper cable to my PV. I will admit that the cable does make lifting my PV a tad heavy. That and I can only vape in a 1.5 meter radius of the ground rod because that is the cable length.

I assume you are also wearing a suitable wrist or ankle-strap otherwise this could only make the problem worse.

Dubs58

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
Texas

After this, do you find it hits better when facing True North..or South ?
Thx in advance

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Solar power has to be the answer to some of these issues, the planet deserves it.

I think if you get a 200W panel and hook it to a 100AH 12v battery, then use a DC to DC converter to get your 5 volts out, with a custom-made PT cable you could vape for about a month on the juice created one one good sunny day. It just needs someone to market it.

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
Solar power has to be the answer to some of these issues, the planet deserves it.

I think if you get a 200W panel and hook it to a 100AH 12v battery, then use a DC to DC converter to get your 5 volts out, with a custom-made PT cable you could vape for about a month on the juice created one one good sunny day. It just needs someone to market it.
Also. Mix your juice, put it in a jar, then put it out in the sun for a few hours. You'll get a better brew that way.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
After this, do you find it hits better when facing True North..or South ?
Thx in advance

Actually…

I find that if the Divide your Longitude by 3π/4 and then use the cos(Latitude) you find the Optimal directional vector to vape. Of course you must do correctional correlations to compensate for magnetic deviation. Either that or work in Spherical Coordinates.

And don’t let those people tell you that it is easier to find the Gradient of the Magnetic field via the cross product first, and then Integrate the Gravitational function using your Longitude and Latitude as limits of Integration. It Isn’t.

Dead electrons??? LOL. I'm an electronic tech and I've never seen a dead electron!! If I did I would've buried it!!!:laugh:

The reason you have never seen a “Dead Electron” is because they are Very Small. That and they are usually wearing black. You can only see them when a mass die out has occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread