Cleaning G6 mini tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectFuture

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Seattle
Hot water and rinse it out good, soak it awhile, if that doesn't clean out the smell of the previous juice. You can use the dental tablets (cheap kind non-mint flavored) or vodka to soak them in then rinse well. And then let them dry. :)

Oh and welcome Miami56!

Would water and rubbing alcohol work just as well as vodka?

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
Would water and rubbing alcohol work just as well as vodka?

Noooo. Do not use rubbing alcohol. Do not use anything that is not safe for human consumption. You can get a cheap 1/2 pint of vodka at any liquor store for under $3.

Here is how I cleaned the mini tanks when I used them:

-Fill with very warm water and shake vigorously then empty
-Fill with vodka and shake but don't empty yet. I don't fill them all the way. Just enough so that when you turn them upside down that the vodka covers all of the wick but does not touch the bottom metal base. I put the tip on and let soak upside down in a carto condom for about 30 minutes
-Empty vodka and then rinse and shake with warm water a few more times
-Let dry. I usually give 48 hours

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Thanks to everyone for replying to this post. Great information. Thankfully, the humidity here is so low the tanks dry out very quickly. :)

TEN DAYS!!!! (edit, what, now 11 days!!!)
(another edit, 11 days and 24 hours? Isn't that 12?)

If they aren't totally dry, your first few hits might be weak. Just keep going, and as the water vapes off, the flavor and the clouds will come!!!

Some flavors are really hard to get out of a mini tank. Just reserve those for the same juice. Kringles comes to mind.

ImperfectFuture

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Seattle
Noooo. Do not use rubbing alcohol. Do not use anything that is not safe for human consumption. You can get a cheap 1/2 pint of vodka at any liquor store for under $3.

Here is how I cleaned the mini tanks when I used them:

-Fill with very warm water and shake vigorously then empty
-Fill with vodka and shake but don't empty yet. I don't fill them all the way. Just enough so that when you turn them upside down that the vodka covers all of the wick but does not touch the bottom metal base. I put the tip on and let soak upside down in a carto condom for about 30 minutes
-Empty vodka and then rinse and shake with warm water a few more times
-Let dry. I usually give 48 hours

You haven't been in the state of Washington. That half pint is $9 with about $6.5 in special state taxes, making it around 15. Rather drink than soak :evil:

Miami56

Jan 24, 2014
Reno, NV, USA
TEN DAYS!!!! (edit, what, now 11 days!!!)
(another edit, 11 days and 24 hours? Isn't that 12?)

If they aren't totally dry, your first few hits might be weak. Just keep going, and as the water vapes off, the flavor and the clouds will come!!!

Some flavors are really hard to get out of a mini tank. Just reserve those for the same juice. Kringles comes to mind.

Thirteen now Dave. :) And it is so dry here (<10% humidity in winter) that a slice of roast beef will become beef jerky if left out for an hour (if the dogs don't get it first) so I have had no issues with wet tanks. Afer a day of drying, they are like brand new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread