Cleaning Iclear 30s coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreaswi

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Tennessee, USA
Since all the wicks and coils are in a self contained tube, I was wondering how to clean and make them last longer? I'm getting about 5 days out of a coil before I notice vapor production has dropped and it is not as easy to suck through. I use a dark sweet juice of a 70pg/30vg blend.

It only takes one person to start a revolution.

Catuela

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Chester, VA
I run mine under hot water for about 30 seconds. Soak in 90% alcohol overnight. Then run under hot water for another 30 seconds. Let dry for several hours. I've run the same 4 coils in my 2 30s' for about 2 months. But I mostly use them as back ups or for extra capacity on a long car trip. With that said I suspect just those 4 coils will last me several months as they still look good, just some slight discoloration on the wicks at the coils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
I dont use them much anymore, but when i did, I got little over a month from a coil (5-6ml per day, arround 8W). To clean it i just run it under hot water maybe twice a week. That coil still works, but it doesnt give as much vapor as it used to. I dry burned it and i think only one of the internal coils is lighting up. Resistance has also gone up, so i guess one of the 2 internal coils finally poped.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
If you look from the top of the coil, you can see it glow.

Btw, my cleaning method is as follows : every sunday, i take all 3 coils that i have used during the week and run hot water over it, then soak in alcohol for a couple of hours, wash and then boil them for thirty minutes. empty the water. fill with water agian and boil for thirty more minutes. wash and let dry overnight. I have used the same three coils for close to two months now with no noticeable vapor or flavor reduction. Its not the only clearos i use though, i use them mainly for tobacco flavored juice 70/30 pg/vg mix. I would guess i wash them after about two tanks of juice on average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread