Iclear 30s

Status
Not open for further replies.

TafkanX

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Lubbock, Texas, United States
In the event that they do come out with a glass version (I would love this as well) it is extremely unlikely that anything but the drip tip and coil heads would be backwards-compatible as the top and base are both threaded to screw onto the tank. Most glass tanks in this style seal with o-rings with a threaded center-post connecting them (a la the protank).

I am completely okay with purchasing a whole new setup though if they would finally release a glass version. The plastic tank is the one thing that keeps me from committing to the i30 line.

Mark Anthony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2013
Scranton, Pa USA
I got a VTR, and it came with an Iclear 30s. I am NOT a fan of top coil clearos, and use Kanger EVODs, Protank 2, Protank 2 mini, and an occassional T3 or MT3. I also exclusively use 2.5 ohm coils.

Since it came with the VTR, and I got a bottle of liquid with the VTR from Vaporworld, I put the free juice into the 30s, and all I can say is WOW. This clearo (which is 2.0 claimed, and 2.2 registered ohms) really works well. Tons of vapor and flavor, but it goes through juice like CRAZY.

What I don't know, is how it compares with a Protank using my regular MBV 50/50 juices. The vaporworld liquid is not described on their site as to what pg/vg ratio they use, nor is there any way to compare the amount of flavor added......

I DON'T like the expense of the coil replacements (DV shows $13 for five), nor can I use the 30s for red hot or other nasty juices (PC tank material). Although, some claim that the PC is "fireproof" and can hold up to nasty juices, but I don't necessarily believe that.

Any other thoughts on the Innokin iClear 30S?

heads are just too expensive right now for me to even consider the 30s..... that is until I learn how to rebuild them...... lol

Road_House

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2013
SE PA
They must be doing something right, I had to dig back 2+ months to find a thread specifically about the 30s.

I tried a dry burn but pulled out the flavor wicks when I removed the silicone cap and was not able to get them fished back in there between the outer shell and the center to my satisfaction and the resistance shot up about an ohm when I tried it after the dry burn so I figured I screwed something up.

Now to the main question and reason for my post. I've not had the good fortune of getting 50 refills like others here and I've noticed that the ohms seem to hold steady for a couple days then slowly creep up about .1 ohm per day.

I keep the contact and threads clean in both the VTR and the 30s and vape mostly a diy RY4D that is 40pg 60vg at 8 watts. I assume the creeping resistance is normal as the coils gunk up, so maybe I need to hone my dry burn technique? Any suggestions?

Keeferes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2013
Belton; Upstate SC
www.facebook.com
I haven't tried my 30s yet. I too recieved it in a package kit with a VTR. I was wondering if anyone experienced rusting on the top cap of this tank? I took it apart for a good scrubbing before use. Dried it mostly off with paper towel just as I do my Kanger tanks, and my Davide tank. I then left to rest for the night on paper towel. When I picked it up this morning and was going to put it back together, I noticed rust starting on the top cap where the drip tip buts in. There was also just a touch on the threads for the drip tip. I got it brushed off and back to clean shiny metal, and learnd my lesson with this tank. I will always use a hair dryer to dry the nook's and cranny's when done cleaning it.

Anyone else experience this problem?

fisher

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2012
Maryland
Been Vaping the 30S cleros for about 2 months and so far they have been excellent; lots of vapor, good flavor, and yes they do use a lot of juice. I have noticed that if you top them off and don't do it quickly or fill them a little too much they do flood a little, but a quick blow out and battery contact clean and you are good to go with no more gurgling. The only issue I have ever had was due to my outdoor activities in cold weather. The juice got too cold and did not saturate the wick properly and I fried one coil. Other than that the 30S has been the best I have used so far. I typically use 30/70 or 40/60 VG/PG juices and the 2.1 Ohm coil at 9.5 to 10 watts depending on the juice. 30S works great and look great on my itaste SVD which is currently telling me that my 2.1 ohm dual coils are actually 2.2 ohm resistance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread