Cleaning manufactured pre built coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Many of the vertical coils are very difficult to rebuild.

Yes, and the small ones virtually impossible. If you happen to get a horizontal with a new tank do not throw it away! Aspire K1s still come with a horizontal coil (or at least the last two I purchased did) but all the replacement coils are vertical. Someone was selling a rebuild tool and (I think) a modified coil but it has been discontinued.:(

Archived page where it once was.
https://web.archive.org/web/20140708045639/http://vapenquit.co.uk/shop/aspire-e-cigs-and-accessories/bdc-re-buildable-coil-aspire-range/ There was a YouTube video showing how to use it... Seems to be gone now.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I love my Subtank Mini's. I use the RBA deck mostly, but carry a couple of blister pak coils in my road kit.
Same here. I bought a second Mini today as I can't trust my Crowns while I am out and about. I prefer the Crown's vape bUt they leak no matter what I do. I use the RBAs (tiny but a breeze to build) but recently picked up 10 0.5ohm OCC coils to keep a couple in my laptop bag as backups for work/travel.

I can't see anything else being my main type of tank in the forseeable future as they really are solid. In fact, I also just ordered 10 replacement glass tanks, 4 more RBAs and 20 sets of O-rings (all authentic) to ensure they are with me a long time. Fasttech is super cheap for the Kanger maintenance stuff.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Same here. I bought a second Mini today as I can't trust my Crowns while I am out and about. I prefer the Crown's vape bit they leak no matter what I do. I use the RBAs (tiny but a breeze to build) but recently picked up 10 0.5ohm OCC coils to keep a couple in my laptop bag as backups for work/travel.

I can't see anything else being my main type of tank in the forseeable future as they really are solid. In fact, I also just ordered 10 replacement glass tanks, 4 more RBAs and 20 sets of O-rings (all authentic) to ensure they are with me a long time. Fasttech is super cheap for the Kanger maintenance stuff.
Same here the STM is my main tank for vapopoclypse. Plenty of parts. I have 4 tanks now and will get a couple more.
A very versatile and trouble free tank. Aside from my first wicking attempt I have had NO leaks whatsoever not even a drop. Never a gurgle with the RBA deck. Now the 1.2 blister coil will gurgle just a bit after a refill but vapes thru well.
For 23.99 at Vaporbeast a real deal.
FT clones are $16 but for the difference not worth the gamble to me.
I did get some bases, RBA's, Glass and gaskets from them though.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Same here the STM is my main tank for vapopoclypse. Plenty of parts. I have 4 tanks now and will get a couple more.
A very versatile and trouble free tank. Aside from my first wicking attempt I have had NO leaks whatsoever not even a drop. Never a gurgle with the RBA deck. Now the 1.2 blister coil will gurgle just a bit after a refill but vapes thru well.
For 23.99 at Vaporbeast a real deal.
FT clones are $16 but for the difference not worth the gamble to me.
I did get some bases, RBA's, Glass and gaskets from them though.
Bases.... aaahhhhh. Thx! I need to get a few of those. Didn't think the base was something to worry about until the base on my wife's Toptank was recieved DOA. The pin was a bit short or stuck and had to be replaced.

I also have a couple of Subtank Nanos. Good MTL tank and also rock solid, but IME the Mini is much better. Better draw and the RBA is worth the few bucks upcharge. I prefer the Nautilus Mini to the STN, but I digress...

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Bases.... aaahhhhh. Thx! I need to get a few of those. Didn't think the base was something to worry about until the base on my wife's Toptank was recieved DOA. The pin was a bit short or stuck and had to be replaced.

I also have a couple of Subtank Nanos. Good MTL tank and also rock solid, but IME the Mini is much better. Better draw and the RBA is worth the few bucks upcharge. I prefer the Nautilus Mini to the STN, but I digress...
Get a couple of those plastic topcaps too and you have an RTA.

Reactions: BreSha6869
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread