Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle&Ann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2013
Van Buren, Arkansas
Greetings all!

We have found our system of measuring "ingredients" while mixing up batches of DIY juices that really works for us. We use glass pipettes and a pipette pump. After mixing many different batches, we have noticed what a pain it is to clean our pipettes. Last night, I stood at the sink rinsing out 20 different pipettes. Needless to say, it took a good amt of time.

We have chosen glass and a pump...do not wish to use disposable plastic. Anyone have any suggestions on an efficient way to clean these measurement tools? Would love to read what others are doing. Thanks for playing!

Kyle&Ann :wub:

Kyle&Ann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2013
Van Buren, Arkansas
You could try using an ultrasonic cleaner, quite a few folk use them to "speed steep" their liquid so it could become a multitasker.

Thanks for the reply! Our pipettes are way to long for both of our UC's. they are at least 14 inches long. We do however thank you for replying.

Kyle&Ann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2013
Van Buren, Arkansas
Do the pipettes detatch? A soak in water should get most of the flavor out, might save you from physically rinsing each one. If you need more cleaning power add some isopropyl alcohol (as high a concentration possible, I've found 91% for pretty cheap at the grocery store).

Yes...they do detach. I do soak them and I will add some alcohol next time. Good idea. However, they would require rinsing and there within is the time consuming activity.

Thanks for replying with that suggestion. We really appreciate it!

Kyle&Ann :wub:

mrcoolbp

ECF Veteran
Yeah, I get it. For me though, a quick rinse is enough. It's all about dilution for me. I've given up trying to get every last bit out of stuff. Hot water, alcohol where necessary, a soak now and then, whatever i feel like gets it out. if it passes the "sniff test," I'm happy. I'd grab 6-10 of those pipettes all at once and rinse them under the hottest water I could stand for a few seconds and then throw them on a drying rack or a paper towel. Then just walk away....yup, just walk away. Getting 99% of it is my goal, this can usually be done quite easily.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread