Status
Not open for further replies.

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
When I break down my REO/RM2 setup for a clean/re-wick, I follow these steps, in approximately this order:

1 - Removed door from bottom, set door aside. Pull battery out, store battery properly.
2 - Pull off driptip, unscrew RM2 topcap, pull out old cotton wick. Rinse DT and topcap off in hot water, set aside.
3 - Remove bottle, fill up half way with hot water, put thumb on top of opening, shake vigorously, dump it out. Repeat 2-3 times.
4 - Fill bottle with hot water, screw back onto cap/tube.
5 - Tip REO over to about 4-5 o'clock position, 510 connection facing down into the sink (door opening facing down), but holding the bottle vertically still (bends the tube some). Squonk the hot water thru the tubing/510/RM2. Repeat 2-3 times. Remove and set bottle off to the side.
6 - Pull RM2 off, remove catch cup o-ring, rinse o-ring with hot water while rubbing e-juice off with fingers. Don't drop the o-ring, it'll go down the sink drain. Set to the side.
7 - Rinse the whole RM2 base under hot water, trying to get water to flow thru the 510, then rinsing off the micro coil. Set to the side.
8 - With the 510 connection below the fire button (start with REO in normal upright position, turn past 90 degrees, button/510 facing to the left, button above the 510, door opening facing you), run some hot water over the 510/catch cup (only letting the 510 get wet, not the button or inside the body, as best I can). Doesn't need to be high pressure water, just enough to rinse residual off.
9 - Dry off all parts with paper towel or toilet paper. Ensure inside of REO is dry (shouldn't be wet if you were careful). Also, twist up some towel or TP and dry out top of 510/catch cup area.
10 - Once 510 is dry, hold paper towel or TP under bottom of tube, then blow thru the top of the 510. Excess water will come out the tube below.
11 - Place dried off o-ring in catch cup area, screw RM2 base on. Insert battery properly, dry burn coil carefully, blowing out the coil after a dry burn. Repeat 1-2 times. (Optional: remove RM2 after dry burns, rinse, dry RM2 back out including coil, reattach to REO, make sure catch cup o-ring still in place in catch cup).
12 - With the RM2 dry burn complete, lock the firing button or remove the battery (whichever you prefer). Re-wick with fresh cotton (slides easy in coil). Juice cotton, fill bottle, install bottle. Unlock or install battery.
13 - Verify RM2/micro coil is firing properly, install top cap. Test squonk to ensure juice flowing up. If good, install drip tip. Test vape.
14 - If everything checks out, install door, vape my face off.

Yes, probably seems pretty complicated, maybe too much so, but this works for me. I'm able to accomplish all of that now in less than 5 minutes, and typically no flavor creep at all.

Last edited:

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
Le-Bro-ski, I can't help because I only run one flavor - unflavored nic base :)

Yup, SXD ain't got problems with flavor changes no more. Pro skills and stuff. I'm still a noob using flavors.

He's running away from me on the freeway on ramp, and I'm stuck about 5 lights back behind a Yugo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread