Cleaning the eGo-CE4 Atomizer device

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
remove driptip, use bent paperclip to remove the metal "nipple" and silicone cap. fill with hot water, cover top and bottom with thumb and finger and shake,dump repeat. thermometer shake to get all excess water out, put silicone cap and nipple back on, fill replace drip tip. and vape. :) first couple draws may be weak due to water on wicks, but will work its way out

Vapeman12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Georgia
Thanks for reply ingerri. I only bought it today so am not sure what the 'drip tip', metal 'nipple' and silicone cap is :unsure: Sorry to sound dumb. The only parts I know are... inhaler, atomizer device and battery.

the clearnish plastic thing with the metal in the top, after you take off the tip(the part u remove to fill it with) take a paper clip and stick in the middle and pull up till you get it removed its not hard to do.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
You don't need to remove that grommet thingy if you don't want to. A very good, very long hot water bath cleans it Ok. I've done it both ways and never had much of a difference.

The only exception was with certain flavors that never leave a tank, it's innards or wicks without at least a little somethin' somethin' left behind.

Love Potion, for example. Once in a tank, always in that tank. Forever and ever, Amen.

Vapeman12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Georgia
Think I would be tempted to drink the vodka if I used that to clean it :) I have washed mine now and just in process of trying to dry it using the 'dry burn' process as it shows in the video but seems to be taking ages

Ha ha, Not a drinker, only had some vodka left over from a party, Anyhow yeah I was dry buring mine yesterday and it seemed it was never going to stop burning stuff off, so put back together but now taste nasty, guess I will take back apart and redo it.

These are so cheap from fasttech, I think I will just buy lots of tanks when have some extra money and just throw away the old one when it gets tasting nasty

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I've never used vodka. Maybe that would rid my little CE4 of the Love Potion scent.

It can take multiple iterations of the wash and dry burn process. At some point, the CE4's disposable construction just makes it too time consuming to keep. Like others have said, those are cheap little systems that work well with proper care for a long time.

The one I have the Love Potion in has been in service since early June.

Vapeman12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Georgia
Only bought mine today but didnt like the taste of the liquid so just washing mine to replace the liquid :)

what juice did you have in it? and what are you wanting to try?
I often change juices w/o any type of cleaning, sure you might get a lil the old juice taste first but most of the time it be okay.
I go from watermelon to strawberry and cream all the time.

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Vodka works well...let it sit for an hr or so and then rinse...Absolute!...hahaha...with a lil OJ and your all set to vape all day...but U can buy new CE4's for $1.27 each at FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics

and after only 1 days use...a simple hot water rinse a few times will be fine to add another diff juice..no need to dry burn..

CE4's are good simple lil clearomizers that work fine....just remember they don't last forever and ya have to replace them when they start tasting nasty or simply die...3-4 weeks usually , depending on what ya vape and how much...and of course U can always dry burn and vodka/hotwater rinse and maybe extend that use a few more weeks ..

Last edited:

J-ShaZzle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2010
South NJ
www.facebook.com
This thread just made me clean 2 CE4 and 2 min viva novas, lol.

Be aware though, I bought some products from Vapage and the atomizers, rubber nipple, and cap are all glued together. I could not remove the tops (from the rubber nipple) to the Crystal XL atomizer and CE4 atomizer. So I had to just keep flooding the CE4 until I got the wick almost completely clean.

This means that I will need to juice this particular CE4 with the same flavor juice or mask it with a stronger flavor as I could not completely tear down and clean the unit.

I first noticed this problem with Vapage's atomizers/rubber caps when I received them and went to inspect one of the Crystal XL's replacement head. I have no idea why its glued/stuck together.

Vapeman12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
Georgia
I cleaned mine again using the running the head under the hot/warm water, U then dryed it with a heat gun and then dry burned it, i did it about 5-10 secs then blew it with my mouth then repeat about 10 times until the coil was bright red.. its working much better. I guess I will try the putting it in water after dry burn . I have a Evod on the way but wont be here for couple weeks I expect from fasttech, i hope it works better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread