Cleaning the wick in the RES

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckBell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2011
Chicago, IL
I was cleaning the wick by rinsing it under hot water for five minutes or more but I was still having issues with the wick absorbing my juice. So I repeated the rinsing and dried it with a fan and I was still having issues with the wick absorbing juice and I was also getting lots of juice in my mouth.

I remebered in one of N8T's videos with him mentioning boiling the wick but that it might be a issue since the bubbles knock the wick around. Anyway I decided to to do it and even after boiling it once it still had a slight smell of my juice so I did it again and let it dry.

Now my RES is working like new again. I can't recommened it since it may not be covered by the warranty but it definitely helped me:thumb:

Last edited:

ChuckBell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2011
Chicago, IL
Can ultrasonic washers be used or would that ruin the ceramic?

I don't know - I used a pot of water, set the cermanic wick in it and turned on the burner. It doesn't knock it around that much , mine slide from the middle to the side of the pot. It's probably best to used distilled water since I got a little tranish on the top cap.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
A simple rinse under some cold water will do the trick 99% of the time. If you have some really pungent liquid I would just rinse it, let it dry for a few minutes, rinse again, etc until the smell is gone. Also, if there is a little smell lingering, it will get covered up by the new liquid you put in without having any remaining flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread