cleaning V4L sample pack cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

tami

Mar 10, 2011
usa
I got 3 V4L sample pack cartomizers (15 cartos totally). Some of them I really liked and will definitely reorder the juice, but some I naturally didn't like that much. So, I tried to clean those cartos, with aim of refilling them with a different juice and reusing later. I boiled them, then put in 170F oven for 45 minutes. Then left them to dry more overnight. In the morning they seemed dry. Than I put new juice in them. No vapor at all!! They are absolutely not working. :(

I don't understand: does it mean they are still dump?? But they do make that sizzling and popping noise, like dry cartos. But no vapor, no taste. How can I tell if they are still dump? How can they be dump after almost an hour in the oven? Or maybe the sample pack cartos cannot be cleaned and reused like blank ones? Maybe they are designed that way? Which is a pity, as they also cost money, and quite a lot..

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I never go thru all that! I just take the white endcap off and run hot water thru them..then shake them like a thermometer. I do blow thru the mouth end to make sure all the water is out of the hole in the center. You can blow out the carto..all you are doing is cleaning out the center tube, not the whole carto. I do that after I refill too.

Last edited:

tami

Mar 10, 2011
usa
thanks for replies and video (which I watched from the beginning to the end) but unfortunately it still doesn't answer my questions: what to do now with the cartomizers I filled with juice while they were apparently still wet? how can you tell the cartomizers are still wet inside? I have more cartomizers that I washed, but now I am afraid to put juice in because I have no idea if they are still wet or dry.

Schoolbob

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Denver, CO
From my limited experience it is just trial and error. You can try to blow through the mouthpiece to get extra water/juice out of the ones you already filled. Maybe the atomizer is clogged. Also make sure the battery connection end is wiped dry. Blow through them into a paper towel and reset. If all else fails, clean them out again and repeat.

With respect to drying. an hour in the oven should do it. I never do anything more than that. After they come out I let them cool then immediately thereafter refill with juice and go.

Last edited:

krashnash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
Austin, TX
I have found that when I boil and bake to clean cartos, I end up having to adjust the post on the battery end a smidge on about half of them. Maybe the heat causes the metal to expand and then it contracts just enough that it doesn't make a good connection? Dunno.... doesn't explain why they make the sizzling/popping sound, but you might try pulling the post out a bit on one and seeing if that works.

As far as how to tell if they are still wet, if you do the reverse Taryn spin that SnowDragon demonstrates in the video, with a condom on the end, you will get some water out of them if that's the problem, if they are dry you'll get nothing and know they are dry enough to be refilled. I couldn't find a drycleaner tube, so I used a rubber pencil grip thingie, worked like a charm!

Disclaimer: I'm by no means an expert, ymmv, etc...

~krash

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Just leave them overnigh..they should be dry by morning. For those you have already refilled..vape them, if they vape. Did you already blow them out?
If the unfilled ones you just washed seem damp..pop them in the battery bag and spin them. (uncap them first and put in the bag..mouthend down. Spin like crazy.
or Put the rubber condom on the end and do the same.
They should be dry. To test for dampness try taking a twisted paper towel and put in the carto..is it damp or wet..yes..leave overnight..no, fill and vape! (a little damp is ok)

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Glad to hear it tami.....no doubt it gets frustrating when things don't seem to be working like they should. I've been working on quite a few different videos to hopefully help avoid these types of frustrating moments.

I'm actually loading a video to my Youtube account as I am typing this on how to make a quick lanyard to use for the Taryn Spin, and Taryn Spin Techniques.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread