Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW

thatrandy

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2014
New Jersey
have you been introduced to the fine art of "dry burning"...?
- https://www.google.com/search?q=dry...XKsQTryoD4CQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=730

vodka, and soak and clean it with water only goes so far

sometimes it takes all of these stages

and sometimes you just have to tear them apart and complete rebuild (or throw away)

:)

thanks for the reply. and im trying to clean an after taste ive been getting since first using the atomizer (its from the primer grease i think, every attty is covered in it

Jenn Perry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I do not think the head should be cleaned in water at all. If...IF...it's like a kanger coil the head is disposable and is to thrown out and replaced. On normal coils you never run under water because it can cause them to rust and you DO NOT want to inhale rust. Do the vodka soak dry burn and if it still tastes nasty it's time to replace the head with a new one

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
yepper, so these atty's

- Joye EgO-C (Type A) Low Resistance Atomizer Heads

as far as water goes maybe, MAYBE if you let them sit a long time in a moist place
and never used them, rust would form...

but after drying, then considering they are bathed in juice, don't think it is a big concern... :blush:

I've been doing it with water >8 months and yet to EVER see a speck of rust

sure don't know how to go about a dry burn with those A type attys

:(

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I started vaping with the eGo-C system a couple of years back and used that exclusively for a couple of months. I found I had to dry burn my attys every 3 - 5 ml of juice to keep performance up to par and to avoid losing attys early. Letting an atty go too long and get too gunked up makes it really hard to clean properly.

Here's a good video of how I used to do it. You have to be careful not to hold the power on too long when dry burning or you'll melt the coil (pop it) and that atty is toast. It happened to me once and then I understood and it never happened again. I found I had to continue the dry burn process until all the coils glowed or the cleaning was not complete. If it takes a while I used to let it cool down a bit before continuing.

A lot of people didn't like eGo-C attys. I found them very good for clean taste and vapor production, but very maintenance intensive and expensive compared to other options out there. I use RBAs and RDAs almost exclusively now and am a bit behind the times with the latest clearos available today. I can tell you though that once I discovered CE4s and then Vivi Novas I left the eGo-C attys behind.

OTOH they work and they got me off cigarettes :). Hope this helps a bit. Best of luck with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread