Clear up battery life & charging issues ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoAnna1010

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Knoxville TN, USA
I don't know about all of you, but I find the instructions booklets that come with ecigs terrible. They read like they are written by a drunken Chinaman who flunked 1st grade English....and the do not seem to contain the specific technical info that I want.

Please give me your expert opinions about batteries: FYI I am using a 510, and 2 different brands of KR808D's)

1. Should they be charged a full 8 hours - even if the green light comes on after only 30-40 minutes ??

2. Is it true that when breaking in a new battery, you should charge for 8 hours - then vape for an hour or so and then recharge fully?

3. Is it OK to leave the battery plugged into a charger after it is fully charged. For example, if I went to work and forgot I had a couple of batteries charging - is it bad for the battery if they stayed in the charger all day/night ?

4. Do the batteries hold their charge for several days if they are just "sitting" and not being used? Or do they loose charge even without use?

Thanks for the info

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
I don't know about all of you, but I find the instructions booklets that come with ecigs terrible. They read like they are written by a drunken Chinaman who flunked 1st grade English....and the do not seem to contain the specific technical info that I want.

They WERE written by a drunk Asian man with limited English skills! :)

Please give me your expert opinions about batteries: FYI I am using a 510, and 2 different brands of KR808D's)

1. Should they be charged a full 8 hours - even if the green light comes on after only 30-40 minutes ??

The first time you charge them, yes, then after that I just go by when the green light comes on.

2. Is it true that when breaking in a new battery, you should charge for 8 hours - then vape for an hour or so and then recharge fully?

That is what they recommend for 510 batteries. Other batteries they just recommend to charge for 8 hours. You will get different opinions on whether this is really necessary. But for the first time charging I follow the directions...hey, it can't hurt and you only have to do it once!

3. Is it OK to leave the battery plugged into a charger after it is fully charged. For example, if I went to work and forgot I had a couple of batteries charging - is it bad for the battery if they stayed in the charger all day/night ?

You should be Ok...I do it all the time. But if you are around I would take the battery out of the charger once it's green just in case. I do that with my laptop as well.

4. Do the batteries hold their charge for several days if they are just "sitting" and not being used? Or do they loose charge even without use?

They will slowly lose their charge if they are just sitting around, but it is not rapid.

Thanks for the info

So that's my take on it, let's see what others say!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread