Clearly I'm doing something wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xanadu0324

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
Hilham, TN, USA
So, I got my Inferno today (YAY!) charged it up all that good stuff. Squirted the juice into the cartomizer according to the video, squirted more juice into the tank about 3/4 full or so, started vaping and I about vomited. All I can taste is plastic-y ickyness. I tried dripping with the other battery and that seemed to taste ok-ish, but I get a crackly noise on both of them as well.

I dripped a couple drops into a 510 I had laying around, and it does NOT taste ANYTHING like it's tasting in the Inferno.

So, what am I doing wrong?!

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
Most likely the carto is not properly primed. If you are dripping into it, drop 30-40 drops into the carto full the tank and let it set for about 5 minutes to insure the carto is fully saturated.

Using a needle tip bottle cap helps to get the juice deeper into the carto when filling so there is no need to wait.

I used to have an Inferno and loved it. Once you get those carto's filled properly they work great.

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
I do not have any experience with the Inferno, but Sounds like a burnt cartomizer. The condom method is the best way to fill/prime a carto IMHO. If the filler is not completely saturated it will burn instantly.

The tank that comes with the inferno kit uses flanged carto's. They don't have condoms on them. And because of the flange you can't use one from another non-flanged carto.

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So, I got my Inferno today (YAY!) charged it up all that good stuff. Squirted the juice into the cartomizer according to the video, squirted more juice into the tank about 3/4 full or so, started vaping and I about vomited. All I can taste is plastic-y ickyness. I tried dripping with the other battery and that seemed to taste ok-ish, but I get a crackly noise on both of them as well.

I dripped a couple drops into a 510 I had laying around, and it does NOT taste ANYTHING like it's tasting in the Inferno.

So, what am I doing wrong?!

You need to make sure you saturate the carto before vaping, even in a tank. Let it and the filled tank sit for awhile (like 10-15 min) and then try vaping.

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
I'll throw my 2 cents in on how i do it. It might be over kill but it hasn't failed me yet. I begin by filling the carto 3 to 5 drops at a time at about 5 minute intervals. Only mildly keeping track of how many drops I actually added,You can tell how full it is getting by the speed at which it absorbs. When I'm satisfied the carto is full, I then put it in the tank and fill the tank. Then I let it sit for as long as I can, it's easy to get anxious and want to try Your new juice. I try to let them be over night but as soon as 10 minutes after this point I think it's good to go.

Deacon Aegis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
Marietta, GA
www.aegissteamcraft.com
Xanadu, I'm sorry to hear that you are having a rough start with the kit especially after recommending it. There are several good suggestions already made that might resolve the issue for you. Hopefully you'll get it working well for you and vaping become a satisfying experience versus smoking. Let us know how it goes for you.

xanadu0324

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
Hilham, TN, USA
I did everything everyone said, watched the vids, etc...

I had a 510 cart laying around from a semi-disposable ecig and hooked it up to my Inferno.
I've now come to the conclusion that it wasn't burnt plastic I was tasting, the menthol flavoring is just horrid. So I will just empty/clean my tank and wait for my other flavorings to get here.

On the bright side, even with all this crap, I haven't had an analog all day. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread