Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
They do! Full disclosure--it was @ENAUD 's idea. I thought he was mad, but I tried and it worked. :D
Darn! That would make a great MTL tank! But I piffed away my lone STM. I do still have some plastic Bell caps tho. May have to pickup an STM base just to check it out.

• Agree
Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Darn! That would make a great MTL tank! But I piffed away my lone STM. I do still have some plastic Bell caps tho. May have to pickup an STM base just to check it out.

Give it a try--it's a lovely MTL vape. :)

Just make sure you use the regular Aspire BVC coils (1.6 or 1.8Ω)--not Nauti coils.

• Agree
Reactions: Foggy Road

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I do remember those old batteries only too well - I never went out without two spares fully charged and maybe I was unlucky but getting a charger that worked for any length of time was, shall we say, problematical. All that said they helped me stop smoking and I'll always be grateful to them for that.

The first "real" tank I got to use with them was a Nautilus Mini and yes they could fire it and looked OK with a "Beauty Ring" attached. But what really worried me was that if I took three or four puffs in quick rotation the batteries started to get hot ... so I went down to the Vape shop for advice and came away with an iStick 30w.

The combo of a Nautilus Mini and an iStick gave me a small device whose battery lasted all day and a tank that only needed filling twice a day and more importantly gave me a reliable satisfying vape. Coming up for three and a half years later I still use this set up a lot and cannot recommend it too highly.

The GS Air tank has also been recommended and I'd second it too - it's a good simple easy to use tank. In my own experience however I have to say that I found its plus ohm tank prone to sudden failure in short time whereas the 0.75 Ohm coils could last up to 6 weeks with a clear juice. These coils however should NOT be used with a basic small Ego ( if indeed they will fire it in the first place) for safety reasons.

I hope this helps, good luck on your Vaping Journey and may you enjoy it as much as I have!

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I had trouble getting them coils to work with the plastic bell caps. I'd recommend just getting a Subtank mini...good luck. I've been using the Subtank mini with the Aspire BVC coils for a few years now :)

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I had trouble getting them coils to work with the plastic bell caps. I'd recommend just getting a Subtank mini...good luck. I've been using the Subtank mini with the Aspire BVC coils for a few years now :)
I kinda wondered if the chimney length might vary with the bell caps and cause a problem. Meh, not that curious as to go out and get an STM just to play with the coils. Piffed the one I had cuz I had a preference for the ego one tanks.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Thanks for letting us know. I only tried them in my Subtank.
Meh, not that curious as to go out and get an STM just to play with the coils.

I agree. I tried because I had both just sitting there. I wouldn't buy a new tank just to try the BVC coil in it--if you are otherwise done with the tank.

Floah

Feb 17, 2019
THIS I can relate to!!! ;) And it gives me a strong desire to help you out. IF YOU'RE IN THE STATES, I could put together a 'care package' for you?

I have several working VV EGOS, chargers, beauty rings, some of the et-bvc clearos with coils. Maybe some other odds and ends. Would please me immensely to see them go to someone who appreciate them!
Do not post an address here! A simple yes or 'no thank you' will suffice. If yes I'll PM you for an addy.

I do need an answer rather quickly. I happen to be home right now, maybe tomorrow also. Otherwise it will be weeks until I get home again.
Ha thanks for the offer, no worrries tho I think might look into something like the iStick 30.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
The "Gear Snobbery" commentary is funny ..

I've used old school 510 Spinners / Twists since they first came out, I still use some of the same ones I bought back then, I'm using one now .. chargers have never been an issue ..

I also use EVOD tanks/coils and have as well, since they first came out ..

The Rule of Thumb that some seem to miss is "If it gets you off the cigs, it's working for you" ..

I also like my JUUL's ..

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thoughts?

Not bad, but that mod is larger than the iStick 30 and comes with an external battery, which means you'll have to buy batteries and a separate charger for those batteries. I like the Subtank mini--it's a very versatile tank that comes with a wide selection of drop-in coils and even a rebuildable coil. Not a bad choice.

That said, my first choice for a new vaper would still be an iStick 30 with internal battery and an Eleaf GS tank. It's a simpler setup and it just works.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
which means you'll have to buy batteries and a separate charger for those batteries.
And good Lord, @Floah, do not buy batteries from eBay! Maybe someone else in this thread can provide a link to Mooches approved battery vendors list. Some of the clone tanks you can buy there are e actually pretty good. Mods? Eh! Batteries? Definitely no!

Reactions: Katya

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Floah - I've owned/used and continue to use many of the things already suggested in this discussion. I definitely like and would recommend the Eleaf iStick 20W or 30W mods for someone transitioning from the eGo batteries. I do like the 30W better though, because of its spring loaded 510. My "stash" of eGo batteries still get used sometimes though, like when I'm mowing pastures or out deep sea fishing. It's a lot less expensive ruining one of them, or dropping it overboard...than replacing a mod.

As far as clearomizers....I've used everything mentioned except the Aro. Of the various Evod versions (small diameter that works well on even your eGos), I prefer the newer Evod Glass tanks. You don't have to worry about some eliquids possibly harming the tank. The KangerTech Dual Coils that it takes are not expensive (usually <$5 per box of 5) and they come in a variety of ohms (ie. 1.2, 1.5, and 1.8 for those that aren't sub-ohm). IMO, the good old KangerTech ProTank Mini 2, ProTank Mini 3, and AeroTank Mini are also still very good and work well on eGo sized batteries and on mods. Coils for them are very inexpensive and are also still readily available. If you "go with" an Eleaf 20W or 30W mod...the ProTanks mentioned are also available in the larger full size versions, and so are the AeroTanks. They take the same coils as the Mini versions do.

The Aspire K1 and Aspire K2 tanks are both good small diameter ones as well, IMO. They both use the Aspire regular BVC coils that are 1.6 or 1.8ohms. (The BVC coils are more expensive though than the Kanger coils for the clearos and tanks I mentioned above.) I did buy and try 1 Aspire Nautilus Mini because of all the recommendations for it a few years ago, and I didn't like it at all. It sits unused now in my rack of tanks.

Last edited:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Thoughts?
I'm a huge fan of anything iStick. I have a pile of them. Never owned a 30w but I know they've always been popular. The subtank mini is an excellent tank. As are the newer GS tanks. I would avoid the original GS AIR, I own 3 and they tend to flood, gurgle and seep if you let the juice level get too low. The newer GS Drive or GS Baby seem to have eliminated that problem. I have 1 Drive and 3 Babies none have leaked a drop and I like to vape my tanks down to the last drop usually so I can change flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread