Clearomiser questiions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewis

Jul 13, 2012
UK
I'm shopping for replacement/spare clearomisers and I have a couple of questions.

1) They come in two types: 2.1-2.4 ohms and 2.5-2.9. What does this mean and what is the difference between the two?

2) How do I clean a clearomiser? Presumably it needs to be dismantled somehow in order to clean it out but I can't find how to do this aside from removing the mouthpiece. Is there a way to remove the metal part in the middle?

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
IMHO, the best clearomizers are the ones that are easy to disassemble (completely) for cleaning and replacement of the atomizer head. The two I use and am familiar with are the Vivi Nova 2.5 and the Vision 2.0.

The numbers you mentioned are resistance values. This is an electrical characteristic and should be used to get a better match to your PV. For example: an EGO PV that provides a fixed 3.4V generally works better with a 2.0-2.5 ohm juice device. A fixed voltage PV like the KGO will work better with 2.5 ohms or so. A variable voltage PV will let you match the voltage to the resistance value you are using.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The lower the Ohms, the Hotter the Carto/Atty works. Think of it like a 100 watt light bulb verses a 60 watt light bulb.

A hotter Carto gives more Flavor and Vapor to a point. But if it runs too Hot, your e-liquid will taste Burnt.

There are many ways to Clean a Clearomizer. Try doing a ECF search with these two words included. "Dry Burn"

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
The first answer is easy that is the resistance. This means you can use more power as the numbers of the resistance goes up. This gives you a way to optimize the flavor from your juice and also increase vapor throat hit ect...
The second Question I cant really answer Clearomizer can cover so many types with out knowing which specific one Cant give you any advice other than almost all of them can be disassembled by unscrewing, or gently prying apart and using alcohol to clean.

Lewis

Jul 13, 2012
UK
IMHO, the best clearomizers are the ones that are easy to disassemble (completely) for cleaning and replacement of the atomizer head. The two I use and am familiar with are the Vivi Nova 2.5 and the Vision 2.0.

Mine came as part of a kit with an Ego-T battery, from a local shop so I don't know for certain what it is, but it looks the same as the Vision 2.0, based on photos I've seen online. But I'm still at a loss as to how to disassemble it. Do I need to buy special tools?

The numbers you mentioned are resistance values. This is an electrical characteristic and should be used to get a better match to your PV. For example: an EGO PV that provides a fixed 3.4V generally works better with a 2.0-2.5 ohm juice device. A fixed voltage PV like the KGO will work better with 2.5 ohms or so. A variable voltage PV will let you match the voltage to the resistance value you are using.

um, what's a PV and how do I know what the voltage is?

SilverBear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2009
The Vision 2.0 can be completely dissembled by unscrewing the drip tip, unscrewing the base on the bottom of the clearomizer, then unscrewing the atomizer head (the top piece on the center tube. No tools needed.

Careful with the "V" numbers! A lot of places are calling the rebuildable clearos "V3". Not all V2s are rebuildable, unless you want to forcefully disassemble them and put in your own wick and wind your own coils.

Vison (aka Stardust) has really confused people by coming out with the short wick (V1), long wick (V2) and now the rebuildable ones (offering both short AND long wicks!!!) ALL in a very very short time. It's a serious disservice to the consumer.

The rebuildable clearos can be found on the Health Cabin and GotVapes sites, among others.

Yves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Matamata, New Zealand
For a quick easy clean remove the tip and with a syringe fill it with water put finger over top and shake, empty then, repeat until liquid coming out is clean. (4-5 times) Leave it to dry for about 24 hours or if you need to use immediately, you can dry burn it or just refill and vape through the water on the wick. Use distilled water if you have it.

There are many U Tube videos on doing this if that would help you more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread