Clearomiser replaceable heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
I posted this about 3 weeks ago but this issue hasn't resolved, at all.

I like the ease of these but of late they are driving me nuts. I get the clearomisers from the local vape shop and the head included in the unit is great, nice clean vape and great taste, problem is when the atomiser head needs replacing, they come in the same packaging as the cleartomiser so I expect them to me the same resistance as is advertised but every one tastes rank, I have tried everything I can think of but nothing is working, the 2 I have tried today have both been cleaned and dried, I allowed the same juice (ok not exactly the same juice but juice from the same bottle) to soak into the wick for over an hour, first vape is like bakalite, eptied out and inspected the head, nothing burnt or anything so tried another, same thing, thought about sticking with it and seeing if it dies off but oh no, it gets worse, gone through a full ml of juice and now have a horrid taste and whats worse, a sore throat, honestly I'm really considering going back to cartomisers for all the hassle they are the only time I got this taste is when they were at the end of their life, not the begining. Sadly I'm stuck till payday and this is not doing my stress levels any good.

I have been down to the shop and they have replaced them, along with others in the shop so I know I'm not imagining it but surely there is a fix for this?

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I have similar problems using Kanger T2's. In fact, I have some new posts I put out asking about the resistance. Do you have a multimeter to measure your actual resisitance? If you do but don't know how to test them with the multimeter, just ask and I will tell you. Or it might be easier just to google up some vids on the topic. BTW, I have been using mini nova's lately and they are burning very consistently. That's not to say they don't start wigging out on me too, but so far so good.

Since you didn't specify which device you're using, I'm gonna speculate from your post that it's the Vivi Nova.
It sounds familiar as some of the post concerning this device.
During the first run of these heads there were issues and many sites selling them gave new heads to the ppl that purchased them.
It sounds like your shop may have these bad heads. Even if you went back and replaced them, doesn't mean you weren't issued more bad heads.
That's the best I can do with the information you provided.
Good luck.

Trilly

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
Sorry for the absense but yesterday was manic (mum was taken ill), these are the vision clearo's. We have multi meters at work so I tested them and then got a colleague to test them too, both got the same results, the replacement heads are the same as the ones they come prefitted, the prefitted ones taste fine, just the replacements.
I pleased that I haven't gone back to the analogs but it has been hard (and rather depressing), I'm not wasting my good flavours with these now, just using unflavoured juice till I can figure this out but it is really getting me down.

With all the changeable head systems, there are many different manufacturers of these heads.
I do know that mine performed better when I cleaned them prior to use.
I have used a ultrasonic cleaner with PGA and I've also nuked water in the microwave and dropped them in to soak.
Then give them a rinse in the sink and let them dry. Once dry, fluff the wicks a little and install.
It made a world of difference.

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
What battery/voltage are you using these with?

2.8 ohms is a bit weak if you are using an Ego. 1.8 is typically what would be recommended for an Ego, with 2.4 maybe best for voltages higher than the 3.4 volt ego.

Otherwise, the only thing that I can think of is making sure your heads are screwed in as much as possible. I had some problems with no connection once the head was screwed in and this was fixed by pushing the inner cylinder in from the battery side and then screwing the head in as tightly as possible.

Yeah, that is the other thing that could be impacting you. The inside cylinder could be too far out or too far in. It should be flush with the metal tube surronding it. If not pull out or push in.

I just used my first replacement heads (from Rocky Mountain Vapor). Tried a 2.4 to test with different voltages on an Ego-C Twist, and a couple of days ago replaced a 1.8 ohm head and, no problems with these.

Z

Zaratoughda

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
Oh, one other thing. These devices work best when.... one or the other of the wicks are at the bottom of the tube when it is horizontal and you are vaping.

It is possible that... the original ones you had just so happenned to have the wicks at the bottom when you vaped but the new ones, along the sides. The problem could be as simple as that.

Yeah, I normally vape with the switch for the ego at 1 o'clock, but to get one of the wicks at the bottom, might have to go with 5 o'clock, 7 o'clock, or whatever.

Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread