Clearomizer advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

granth3w

Aug 16, 2013
Dallas, TX
Okay, so I'm pretty new to vaping. I got my first setup just a couple of weeks ago and need some advice. I initially went with a K100 and a Kanger Protank 2. With the K100, I got absolutely no air flow with the PT2 on it, so it had to go. Then I went with the Protank Mini and it is working pretty well, but I want something similar to it, but larger and will work with my K100. I like cold vapes and simplicity, as well as glass or steel, so no plastic. I already bought Kanthal and silica (and a digital multimeter) to begin rebuilding the heads in my Protank Mini, so I am pretty into the idea of rba's. Whatever I get, I want to be able to rebuild it and I don't like the idea of dripping. Also, price is a factor. I've looked into the Davide and Puritank, but I'm afraid that I will have the same problem with my K100. What do you guys recommend I do? Any advice would be appreciated.

What I'm looking for in order of priority:
Rebuildable (whether protank head or rba)
Not drip
Glass
Cost
Cool vape
Removable drip tip

granth3w

Aug 16, 2013
Dallas, TX
It has 510 and ego. Here is a top view of the mod that I snagged from Google images.
kamry-telescopic-k100-mod-gold.jpg

Aug 26, 2013
China
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

granth3w

Aug 16, 2013
Dallas, TX
Since I sold my PT2, I would need to buy a new one (and a beauty ring since the PT2 doesn't come with one). I may try that. Seems like that or the airflow controller would be a good choice. Do you happen to have a picture of your Protank with beauty ring on your Vamo? Seems like it might look a little strange, but if it works, I may give it a shot.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
No I wish I did , it's too bad you got rid of that tank, the other suggestion I would have made is to swap coils between the mini and the pt2 it's possible that you had a defective coil in the pt2 . Hope you give it another shot maybe try borrowing your friends pt and beauty ring to see if you can get it to work I've got my beauty ring screwed a little more than halfway down with the tank snugged down on top , the base of the tank is above the dripwell.

retic1959

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2013
New Orleans , Louisiana
Try fastech.com for your tank and beauty ring it might take a week and a half to get it but the shipping is free make sure you order the genuine kanger they sell knockoffs too . I took another look at your photos and it looks like the dripwell is the culprit just make sure the base of whatever tank you buy is above it the mini has enough room around it so it gets air.

granth3w

Aug 16, 2013
Dallas, TX
Yeah, I've seen where others have used the PT1 base and it worked out well for them on the K100, but apparently that just won't for me. Also, I did try it with three different coils. It's definitely a problem with compatibility wit the base and the K100. With the 510 shorty extension, there will be a pretty good sized gap between the mod and the tank? Would this present a big problem with stripping the threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread