Clearomizer Burnt/Plastic Taste... T or F?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krnxguhj33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Victorville, CA
I just bought some clearomizers from TW and I just filled one up with .5mL of liquid. I noticed from the initial draw that the clearomizer gives me a burnt/plastic taste depending on draw (pardon the pun). Is that true of all clearomizers or should I give them the benefit of the doubt and try using another one?

sixstring

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2008
SW Ga. USA
www.kdpconline.com
The little white urethane/plastic inner gasket that sits atop the "cup" for the atomizer tends to crimp the wick too much and the thing runs too dry - hence the plastic taste. I've removed that inner gasket on my latest CE2, and just use the secondary black "doughnut" to seal in the juice. Seems to work much better. Just try to keep it upright to avoid flooding.

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
I have had lots of these from several vendors. I have only had one batch that still tastes like plastic even with all the fiddling and tipping and wicking, and taking it part all that stuff. Still burnt plastic. The good news is most of the time u can fiddle and get them to hit good. The bad news is sometimes no matter what u do, they still taste like melting plastic. Good luck! I gave up on ce2, now I stick with dc LR carts, been happy so far, knock on wood :)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I just bought some clearomizers from TW and I just filled one up with .5mL of liquid. I noticed from the initial draw that the clearomizer gives me a burnt/plastic taste depending on draw (pardon the pun). Is that true of all clearomizers or should I give them the benefit of the doubt and try using another one?

Any CE2 where every you got them from should be given the Benefit of the Doubt.

But then again. I feel ANY CE2 should be cleaned before using.

mr_sneed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2009
Oviedo, Fl
I get the burning taste from the second Ce2. I fiddled with it where I did not with the first. The first one I used straight out of the bag and it gives a lot of vapor and taste, but hardly any TH. This is with a juice that I get good TH from out of the LR Type B, so I'm not a fan of the Ce2 at this point.

Does anyone get good TH out of these Ce2's?

Ron R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2011
Albuquerque,NM
I've found that if you take out the rubber peice that sits on the cup, then take out the little flat ring-the middle ring, then take the cap and slightly increase the hole in the middle of it, but not bigger than the cup size, you can use a little exacto knife to do this. Then when you have the hole cut out just right, you can take and push the cap down onto the cup, make sure it is in place and not pinching off the wick flow to the coil that they will not leak, and you get a pretty good th and also alot of vapor production, again when you seat the cap all the way down on the cup make sure it is just down far enough to seal over the cup and not cut off wick flow to the coil, that these things can be pretty fantastic. There is a video on you tube called cap mod for ce2's, anyway I think thats what it is called and it works pretty darn good... outstanding actually. Dont give up becuase with alittle patience once you learn this mod you will definatly love your ce2's. I know this sounds like alot of work but it does work and make your ce2's great. I hope this helps it did for me,but I am the kind of person that likes to look at every option before just giving up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread