Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellerine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
Hi there!

Been vaping a little over a year using the mini Vision vivi novas from the start. I'm perfectly happy with them but I tend to get curious and wonder if I'm missing out on something better. I've tried the iClear and Kanger PT2 and, while they weren't bad, I didn't like them as much. I think it's the warmer vape from the top coil I like.

Anywhooo, I never hear people talking about the vision clearomizers anymore and everyone raving about the PT's and Aspires. So, three questions:
  1. Why don't people like the Vision vivi novas anymore?
  2. Are there any top coil clearomizer set ups I might fall in love with?
  3. Where do you buy your tanks?

As an aside, I also recently upgraded from the Ego C-Twists I began with to an MVP 2 and I don't like it as much either - I find less flavor. Did I just pick a reallllly good initial set up or have I gone wrong with my upgrades?

Penn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
In the wilderness
I preferred top coil at first too. My taste has changed. In fact, it changes every few days. I alternate between evods, CE5's, carto-tanks and drippers depending on what is working for me that day. I don't know why one day I can't get flavor out of one device but will another then it changes the next day.

I can't see how the MVP would decrease the flavor unless you are leaving the beauty ring which can potentially restrict airflow. It isn't really different than a twist except shape, interface and battery capacity.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I just never had any luck with the Vision Vivi novas. I totally get others love them and more power to them. I had an unending set of problems with them which were probably my fault ot the thick juices I tend to use.

I do love the Aspires. Very clean taste. Nice vapor production and never a leak or dry hit for me.

That said I have mostly moved away from clearos these days into drippers.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
On this forum all sorts of fads have come and gone. After all when it comes to a tried and true product what is there to say about it after the first thousand posts. Vapors write about the new stuff and one becomes popular that's all you hear about for a while. Then something else will take it's place and so on.

I don't think that single coils are on their way out anymore than cartomizers are on their way out. When cartomizers came they billed as vape once and throw it away. They weren't meant to be refilled and despite the illusion that is created by what you read on this forum most people don't refill.

Reading this forum you think everyone uses tanks and double coils. I doubt it.

Personally I use Vision vivi nova single coils and expect to continue using. I will say that the quality of the last batch of heads went down the drain but I had no trouble finding and getting them.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
My first proper mod after i got away from cigalikes was a Silver Bullet with nova tanks. I rate them because they are easy to use and maintain. That setup will never win any beauty contests, but it is almost indestructible and a reliable all day vape.

I learned the basics of making coils on novas. I think they are great tanks.

T

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
WI/Boston
I might be part of a dying breed, but after a year I still like my simple ce4's for flavor. I have other stuff but the protanks/vivi novas/evods are all too airy for me and mute down more subtle flavors. The worst thing about the ce4s is that it is real hit or miss. some last for a whole month while some last for half a week. they can be stubborn. I have been getting them at fasttech for abouts $1.30 a piece so it is no big loss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread