Clearomizer Leaking PLEASE HELP :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crookid

May 8, 2013
Brooklyn, NY, USA
I recently purchased a joyetech Ego-CC Clearomizer Type A Clearomizer to go with my Ego-C Twist 650MaH.

After filling it and not too much, it worked great. But then I started to get gurgling. I removed the mouth piece and there was juice there that came through the air tunnel. I cleaned it out then took apart the automizer and cleaned that thoroughly. Surely after doing so I got the same effect. I thought it was due to a defective unit, so I bought another one and the same thing keeps happening.

I really love the look and feel of this device and the hit I get is superb, but every where I look I read that it has no leakage as well as users praising that fact.

Am I doing something wrong here? Does any of you all have any experience with this clearomizer and/or know if this is a common issue or can it be fixed?

Thank you.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I'm not familiar with that clearo, I use Vivi Nova's. with my Nova, sometimes if I don't have the setting high enough to vaporize the liquid fast enough, some will leak down the tube.

Hopefully someone that does have hands on experience with that device will come along. In any case, I'm bumping the thread before it goes to the second page. ;)

Crookid

May 8, 2013
Brooklyn, NY, USA

Crookid

May 8, 2013
Brooklyn, NY, USA
I'm not familiar with that clearo, I use Vivi Nova's. with my Nova, sometimes if I don't have the setting high enough to vaporize the liquid fast enough, some will leak down the tube.

Hopefully someone that does have hands on experience with that device will come along. In any case, I'm bumping the thread before it goes to the second page. ;)

I can confirm this was a good suggestion and possibility, but did not work. I cranked it from 4.1 (my usual voltage) to a 4.8 and it resulted in a burnt taste. Dry pulling to wet the automizer did nothing to the taste and caused it to gargle.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I can confirm this was a good suggestion and possibility, but did not work. I cranked it from 4.1 (my usual voltage) to a 4.8 and it resulted in a burnt taste. Dry pulling to wet the automizer did nothing to the taste and caused it to gargle.

Darn! I really wish that would've worked. :(

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I use six of them all day. They don't leak and don't burn. Didn't I just answer you on another post about burning Joye CC? You got juice in the air charmbers. You are filling it wrong. There are two chambers running beside the juice container area even with the air holes you see near the drip tip. Once juice has gotten into those chambers, the gasket has to be removed to clean it out. Just running water into the juice tank is not going to do that. Remove the gasket, run warm/hot water through the whole thing under the faucet, reseat the gasket and you'll be good to go.

If you are the person who started the other thread, I'll modify what I told you there (I don't have time to look)... the problem is you got juice in the air chambers, it won't pull juice into the atty properly and will result in burning. The reason you got one or two proper pulls is just some juice seeping onto the wick but you can't continue vaping past that.

Edit: The gasket is the white plastic part with a whole in the center the atty spike fits into and the place where you fill the juice tank. The sides of it cover the air chambers so it has to be removed. They are replaceable. I got spares with mine. Use a toothpick or something similar to pry it out before washing. Then reseat it... that takes patience getting it back straight. If you used its hole to fill, you may have dislodged it a bit and that's what caused juice to get into the air chambers.

Last edited:

Crookid

May 8, 2013
Brooklyn, NY, USA
I use six of them all day. They don't leak and don't burn. Didn't I just answer you on another post about burning Joye CC? You got juice in the air charmbers. You are filling it wrong. There are two chambers running beside the juice container area even with the air holes you see near the drip tip. Once juice has gotten into those chambers, the gasket has to be removed to clean it out. Just running water into the juice tank is not going to do that. Remove the gasket, run warm/hot water through the whole thing under the faucet, reseat the gasket and you'll be good to go.

If you are the person who started the other thread, I'll modify what I told you there (I don't have time to look)... the problem is you got juice in the air chambers, it won't pull juice into the atty properly and will result in burning. The reason you got one or two proper pulls is just some juice seeping onto the wick but you can't continue vaping past that.

Edit: The gasket is the white plastic part with a whole in the center the atty spike fits into and the place where you fill the juice tank. The sides of it cover the air chambers so it has to be removed. They are replaceable. I got spares with mine. Use a toothpick or something similar to pry it out before washing. Then reseat it... that takes patience getting it back straight. If you used its hole to fill, you may have dislodged it a bit and that's what caused juice to get into the air chambers.

Thank you for your reply and I apologize for not reviewing the other thread I created as after I didn't see a reply there for a day, I decided to research with Joyetech and found a FAQ. It suggested I dry pull or wet the wick and that seemed to work. However, I find myself having to dry pull before every pull.

Again, I apologize.

In reference to your other statement, I thought it was pretty stupid proof on how to fill it but I read the directions before hand and filled it properly on both systems when I first got it. However, it leaked both times. I did notice that when I first got it, it didn't leak in the beginning so it is possible I dislodged the rubber piece when filling; however, I doubt it since I use the juice needle to do it. That involves no pressure and I'm very careful and delicate with my products.

Maybe dry pulling caused too much liquid to pour into the air holes and at this point I need to properly clean it? I am definitely a newb when it comes to this stuff so excuse me if my questions/solutions are lackluster.

I will try to take out the rubber piece and clean it thoroughly as you recommend then put the spare in and report back here.

Thank you very much for the detailed reply as this really helps me not only fix my issue, but learn more about my new hobby.

Speak to you all soon.

you have one of these? or something close with the little plastic tank and steel pin on the atty base?
Buy Joyetech eGo-CC Clearomizer | eGo CC Joyetech's first clearomizer
Joyetech eGo-C A type atomizer pack

If so this isnt a clearomizer, and I do not understand why the renamed it (maybe because BCC clearos are popular) this is a typical ego tank system and they are notorious for leaking, always have been. probably not much you can do with it, accept it or move on.

Thanks for clearing this up. However, the fact that the other user uses them without issue makes me feel a bit better so hopefully that will help.

Last edited:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Good luck to you. Make sure you push the gasket back down really good or you'll get another leak into the air chambers. I only had a leak problem once and it was my fault plus a changing altitudes problem combined. That's how I learned about all this and what to do about it in fact. But think I used a pencil tip to push it down good.

Crookid

May 8, 2013
Brooklyn, NY, USA
Good luck to you. Make sure you push the gasket back down really good or you'll get another leak into the air chambers. I only had a leak problem once and it was my fault plus a changing altitudes problem combined. That's how I learned about all this and what to do about it in fact. But think I used a pencil tip to push it down good.

I just got home and immediately tried your solution so I wanted to report back.

I took out the rubber piece, rinsed the tube thing along with the mouth piece with hot water as suggested, put the brand new replacement piece in, made sure it was secure while also checking air flow before filling and finally I filled it with juice.

SO FAR SO GOOD. It is amazing how much better this thing is with no leak or gurgle. It hits like a dream, I don't need to dry pull before tokes anymore and I am loving it. Of course I am a bit nervous it will return so I am keeping my fingers crossed. Nevertheless, if it stays like this I will refer to you as "patkin" no longer and "my hero" going forward.

Thank you so much. Happy vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread