• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

"clearomizers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
Mlrgrl: found them at: https://www.digitalciggz.com for a little less than volcano has them. they have two sizes, regular and XL. i got the regular size. allegedly, it'll hold 1ml.

i like the guys at this company. they ship fast, and are very friendly. last two times i ordered, they sent along a free drip tip. so i thought i'd give 'em a little love here.

supposedly they require a "SPECIAL" syringe. something tells me i already have a plastic-tip syringe that'll work in my giant pile of accessories, so i didn't order that. hope i don't regret it.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Last edited:

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
MAYBE???? LOL!
I almost went ahead & ordered both just to get it over with, but in a rare moment of restraint (& the fact they come in 5 packs), decided to wait & try before buy more LOL

Let me find the thread were people are posting when they get their shipping notices before the mailman take out a TRO .....

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/143600-provari-pre-order-please-post-when-yours-ships-so-we-can-keep-track.html

provape is posting when they ship on their twitter/fb, too--but they're not posting numbers. i saw that 3575 got a shipping notice on another thread. i'm 3629, so maybe it won't be that long?

SmokingRT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
YIPEE!!! Home at last
Hey the clearomizers are very awesome. I have had them for a little bit now. There are little tricks to make them work better. Badkolo had a vid or 2 and a thread about it. I will gladly answer any questions. I have not used the regs only XL. The Xl holds between 1.7 and 2 depending on how close you want it to the ceramic cup. Just ordered some more from Madvapes. What was the price @ diggitalciggz

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
What made it hard to fill? is it the not so stiff 'needle' that it comes with?

As for the lack of vapor, I have a feeling you'll like them more when your mods arrive.
It appears that these are 2.6-2.8 ohms. A normal atty on the eGo runs around 2.0 ohms, a LR atty about 1.5-1.8ohms.

I just got my shipping notice today (& I also ordered SAT), so I'm expecting them tomorrow or WED. I'll keep you updated!

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
..... in the 2.4 - 2.6ohm range and they are awesome!!! I am using them on my Riva and eGo batteries....

After I read this, I ran across something on the ProVari thread. They were talking about a tank & if I was understanding it correctly, he said he didn't understand why, but those had higher ohms yet were hitting really good at lower volts & was wonderful.

New year, a whole new set of numbers to learn? LOL

SmokingRT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
YIPEE!!! Home at last
If you want you can remove the fill cap via a strong paper clip (I am going to buy a dental pick and dull down the point) then you can fill it down the sides with or without the syringe. There is defintlely a difference in hit and vapor based on the OHMs. Badkolo is talking alot about cleaning and removing the tube and then replacing it. It is also true that the needle can be a pain in the ummm you know. While inserting the needle if you knid of roll it (twist it) the needle will glide in easier. It sounds like alot of work but once you do it more than once it is really easy. It was for sure good for me as it lasted alot longer (I am using Xls) I will go grab the link for Bads vid and drop it here. Ok after a little effort here it the link............YouTube - CE2 Clearomizer Easy fill plug & Tube removal How-to Gotvapes.com

Last edited:

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
hmm, i'll have to yank one apart and see if i can make it easier. otherwise, it's a pain, and too messy, though i did manage to fill it up. i used the syringe i got from another vendor, not that goofy tube they sent along. as for the ohms, that's probably why the hit is just plain weak on my eGo. i'll save the one i tried for the mods i ordered. maybe i'll see if the "bonus" xl they sent along works any better. interesting concept, just haven't spent much time with it.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
I finally got mine today.
Yeah; they didn't knock my socks off like I thought they would. I think I only got about 6 hits off it before I needed to refill.

They registered in at 2.8oms, but my RY4 tasted better (but not great) at 3.7volts.

I'll play with it over the weekend, unless it appears I'm using way too much juice....

I just watched the video. I don't really understand what the purpose of cutting the wick is. It's all in the same small area in the tube; how does that help increase the wicking action?

Last edited:

SmokingRT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
YIPEE!!! Home at last
I finally got mine today.
Yeah; they didn't knock my socks off like I thought they would. I think I only got about 6 hits off it before I needed to refill.

They registered in at 2.8oms, but my RY4 tasted better (but not great) at 3.7volts.

I'll play with it over the weekend, unless it appears I'm using way too much juice....

I just watched the video. I don't really understand what the purpose of cutting the wick is. It's all in the same small area in the tube; how does that help increase the wicking action?

The clearomizers should be lasting longer than 6 hits for sure. Was you juice gone or were you getting dry hits? cutting the wick seperates the strands a little bit making it easier for the "silica" to carry the juice up to the coil

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
The clearomizers should be lasting longer than 6 hits for sure. Was you juice gone or were you getting dry hits? cutting the wick seperates the strands a little bit making it easier for the "silica" to carry the juice up to the coil

I started thinking for as quickly as it seemed to go down on that first refill & the fact that I really can't see the strings anymore (I'm assuming from the absorption of juice), that maybe things were just getting soaked up, which should be good....
The second filling is lasting longer, but the taste is basically the same at any voltage. The only differance is a burned taste when going higher.
Hmmm.....maybe since there's no filler to change the taste, could it be my fave go to flavor really isn't that good? LOL

Sorry all I just like to play I guess because I don't think they are that much hassle..... to each their own right? .

Nothing AT ALL to be sorry about! You are exactly right!
No two vapers are alike. If they were, there wouldn't be so many mods, flavors or volt hits out there.
I keep trying & trying to perfer cartos to attys. While I now can enjoy them better, to me, nothing has been better than my atty....C'est la vie....
Besides, if one size fit all, what reason would we have to get together for our show n tell swap meets?

:vapor::vapor::vapor:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
All right it looks like I've jumped through enough hoops to post here!
I met some of you in Sun Prarie, looks like MlrGrl had the Provari and electrowoman had the microphone?
Sorry the clearos aren't working for you. If just the soft needle is giving you trouble try a regular syringe,
I get mine from Fleet Farm.

Hey there, Kcoralj! Great to "see" you again!
Good memory! Doesn't EW rock at Karaoke! ;)

Eh...with everything there's a learning curve. Just odd to me that I can work through one so quickly! Who knows; maybe I really suck through that much juice in that amount of time and just never realized it and should order the XLs......LOL

electrowoman

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
venezuela
All right it looks like I've jumped through enough hoops to post here!
I met some of you in Sun Prarie, looks like MlrGrl had the Provari and electrowoman had the microphone?
Sorry the clearos aren't working for you. If just the soft needle is giving you trouble try a regular syringe,
I get mine from Fleet Farm.

crap, and i threw mine out after i poked myself in the thumb w/the dumb thing! hahahaha! which section at he f/f? horses? never looked for syringes at f/f before! i'm still grooving on my attys on the provari, so i haven't tried that clearo again. maybe this weekend, i'll hassle with it again. i like the idea of it for the mod, because dripping into the provari takes a lot more work, since i just suck down the liquid so fast in it:) good to see you on the forum! welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread