Clogging Zeus Carts

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's obvious there is an issue... it would be nice to have a V4l rep get out in front of this issue and let us know when it will be resolved. I sent a tweet to V4l amd they responded that samples have been sent back to the manufacturer. To leave the effected smileomizers up for sale with a known issue is bad businesses practice imho. The people who are trying them for the first time don't know like alot of us do how great they can be!! And to sell a subpar product at regular prices will only cause more problems. They have been great about replacing the bad ones, but that means I have to keep buying a product I know is bad or switch products..

madglee

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Hi Guys so I have been using the Zeus for a long time now im on my 4th batty I have used gosh a bunch of carts I only use them for a week and toss them as they begin to clog on me. I just got my 5 pack for the month and yesterday i went through three in one day :ohmy: They clogged almost instantly I used my needle to try and open them but would kill the cart, yeah im not very good at it. One cart just plain wouldn't fire at all filled it with 90 drops and nothing I adjusted the contact and still nothing :( im on number 4 today and its pretty much the same thing clogs easily. Im not sure whats the difference same juice same batty s terrible results any ideas? I guess i need to learn how does everyone clean there center hole with out damaging the electrode?

I have the same problem. See my earlier thread in the forum. For a while, I was only able to make it a few days, then I got a batch with screens which worked for a week each. Doesn't matter which juice I use, and like you, if I use a paper clip it breaks the filament inside. This new batch of 10, at $60, has been a horrible waste of money. I'm going through 3 or 4 a day. Not sure if the ones without screens don't work well and they are getting rid of old stock or what. It's really frustrating. Doesn't have to do with cleaning or the battery as far as I can tell; I use best practices and it makes no difference.

It's a shame, really, because I love the Zeus and smileomizers when they work, but when they don't it's a money sink. Hopefully we'll hear from Vapor4life staff about these problems.

AudreySchroder

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.V4L.com
Hey guys, we hear ya. We back up all of our products 100%. If anyone has an issue with something they bought from us, we want them to talk to us so we can help them with their individual situation. We sell a ton of Smileomizers, and a ton of our customers absolutely love them! Every person's needs are different, so if you have something that's not working right, please contact customer service so they can help you with your individual problem. We love our products and want you to too! :)

Audrey, I obviously cant speak for everyone here, but I believe we have all contacted cs, and have gotten replacements. But in order to get replacements we have to continue to buy defective equipment! Do you see how maddening that can be?? We have all wasted juice, hoping that the next one will work, only to have it clog, or die. I don't believe that anyone is questioning V4Ls customer care, But I think we are all wondering why you guys would continue to sell a product you know is defective. Only to have to turn around to ship out replacements? In the long run its costing V4L money. Maybe discount the ones that are questionable, and don't do exchanges, or better yet scrap the questionable ones before you start loosing new customers who have not had the experience most of us have had when the smileomizers worked like they are supposed to! Then people will start talking about how bad the V4L products are, not knowing it was simply a bad batch.
Just my 2 pennies.....

Rumrunner64

Verified Member
Jan 23, 2014
Canada
I have to agree the ones i got in my last order are $$$$ compared to the older ones. I buy them 20 at a time got only 12 left out of this batch. I am only getting 1 or 2 days out of them. when i use to get 2 weeks. I like my Zeus but not to happy with lately. I also would like to know when you have fixed this problem.
Rob

madglee

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Yes, I have to agree. V4L was very good about shipping me out 10 replacements. However, those 10 replacements also did not work. Went through them right away. I don't believe this is a case of some users needs being different than others. I have tried brown, black, green, etc, and these things are just defective. They work great for the first fill and then it's game over. I'm actually planning to buy 10 more with 0 nicotine juice just so I can quit. This is getting more expensive than my old cigarette habit.

madglee

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Is there any update on the defective smileomizers yet? I feel like an ... buying $60 worth and then continuing to request replacements. I'm going through 3-4 a day, even with unclogging. To add insult to injury, my Vapor Zeus had a defective automatic switch and I still am waiting for the replacement (although you guys were good about sending out smileomizer replacements), which unfortunately, also were defective. Went through those 10 in 2 days.

AudreySchroder

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
www.V4L.com
Hey guys! Hope you’re all having a FABULOUS week so far! :) This is what I can tell you about our Smileomizers. We sell a TON of them and still feel they are the best cartomizer on the planet! We did send a bunch to our manufacturer for testing. It turns out there is a 2% defective rate, which is very low, and unfortunately bound to happen with any product that is mass produced. Of course we want this number to be zero, and are doing everything we can to make sure we continue to produce extremely high quality products. We would never sell any product that is subpar, or does not live up to our high standards, as we here use them too. We stand behind all of our products 100% and will gladly replace any product that does not work as it should. With that being said, we have received a new shipment of Smileomizers and are sending them out in orders. Please let us know if you have any questions. We’re here to help!! :)

I think this number is artificially low, It does not take into account the number of unreturned smileomizers that got tossed in the trash instead of being returned.
I have to believe this number is much higher due to the amount of failures on this forum. I truly believe there are a couple different things going on, both have to do with quality control. There may be some bad out of the box smileomizers but most are getting clogged by juice, and the sweeteners are building on the coils sending resistance through the roof causing the sensation of a dead or dying battery, long hard pulls for little vapor production. then the build up gets so thick that users can no longer use them... I have proven it,(at least to myself) that V4L peach is leaving a black tar on my coils. the only thing that causes that is sweeteners.....
I love V4L, But something has gone horribly wrong in production and quality control at their manufacturer. I hope they get it worked out, I really do!!!

I think this number is artificially low, It does not take into account the number of unreturned smileomizers that got tossed in the trash instead of being returned.
I have to believe this number is much higher due to the amount of failures on this forum. I truly believe there are a couple different things going on, both have to do with quality control. There may be some bad out of the box smileomizers but most are getting clogged by juice, and the sweeteners are building on the coils sending resistance through the roof causing the sensation of a dead or dying battery, long hard pulls for little vapor production. then the build up gets so thick that users can no longer use them... I have proven it,(at least to myself) that V4L peach is leaving a black tar on my coils. the only thing that causes that is sweeteners.....
I love V4L, But something has gone horribly wrong in production and quality control at their manufacturer. I hope they get it worked out, I really do!!!

The smileomizers are mass produced. I'd love to be able to say that the new batch are defect free, but that's not the case. There will be a few bad apples, which unfortunately is completely normal. There are a lot less reports compared to when we first heard about the problem.

Stegle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Portland,Oregon
The smileomizers are mass produced. I'd love to be able to say that the new batch are defect free, but that's not the case. There will be a few bad apples, which unfortunately is completely normal. There are a lot less reports compared to when we first heard about the problem.

I was one who was having problems in mid June. I was very frustrated with the price charged for these and having so much bad experience with them. They are just a cartomizer after all. I admit they are great when they work, but I still think they're way overpriced.
I have been lucky I guess with my replacements, in that I have been getting at least 2 weeks out of my last 6 that I have in rotation, but that's out of 8 loaded up with juice and 2 defective out of 8. Not bad, but still not great for the cost. One clogged and one tasted bad on the first fill.
I know how to properly fill these so that's not the problem, even a known juice for clogging (cinnamon) should go 2-3 days heavy use before it clogs. I wasn't using a known clogging juice in any that have clogged. I guess if you guys will keep sending replacements for all having an issue, I can't complain about your customer service. For me it's a price issue really, I like to buy top quality and feel I paid an honest price for the quality I receive.

On a side note, why are the Smileo's offered in a 10 pack in 808 threading, but only a 5 pack in 510 threading? I like 510 and it would be a few cents cheaper at the 10 pack price. I've noticed that 3 of my suggestions to the companies website and policy have been implemented, and I commend you guys for listening!

Cheers,
Steve

My Point is that its not just the Smileomizers that are an issue, I used V4L peach for 3 years on a daily basis, then all of a sudden, I began having issues with smileomizers, cartomizers, bottom coils etc, anything I put V4L peach in wouldn't last more than a day!!

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    My Point is that its not just the Smileomizers that are an issue, I used V4L peach for 3 years on a daily basis, then all of a sudden, I began having issues with smileomizers, cartomizers, bottom coils etc, anything I put V4L peach in wouldn't last more than a day!!

I'm beginning to think you are right; its not just the smileo's. I have been going thru BDC's like crazy using V4L juice lately. Use to get 2 weeks use, not I'm lucky if I get 1-2. May have to stop using their juice, but I just ordered $200 worth so I hope they get it fixed.

I was one who was having problems in mid June. I was very frustrated with the price charged for these and having so much bad experience with them. They are just a cartomizer after all. I admit they are great when they work, but I still think they're way overpriced.
    I have been lucky I guess with my replacements, in that I have been getting at least 2 weeks out of my last 6 that I have in rotation, but that's out of 8 loaded up with juice and 2 defective out of 8. Not bad, but still not great for the cost. One clogged and one tasted bad on the first fill.
    I know how to properly fill these so that's not the problem, even a known juice for clogging (cinnamon) should go 2-3 days heavy use before it clogs. I wasn't using a known clogging juice in any that have clogged. I guess if you guys will keep sending replacements for all having an issue, I can't complain about your customer service. For me it's a price issue really, I like to buy top quality and feel I paid an honest price for the quality I receive.

On a side note, why are the Smileo's offered in a 10 pack in 808 threading, but only a 5 pack in 510 threading? I like 510 and it would be a few cents cheaper at the 10 pack price. I've noticed that 3 of my suggestions to the companies website and policy have been implemented, and I commend you guys for listening!

Cheers,
    Steve

Thank you Steve. We do our best to implement customer requests. We've coded a 10 pack of 510 smileomizers for the site. This will be available within the next few days for purchase. Thank you for your feedback! I've posted the link below where they will be available.^GA

Accessories - 510 Threading | Ecig | Ecigarette | Starter Kits | by V4L

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread