Status
Not open for further replies.

satchvai

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2015
Off the grid
I definitely like the regular marshmallow over the toasted. I also think it does a better job at taming the graham flavor. I definitely tasted more graham in the recipe that is using the toasted marshmallow. The recipe with the regular marshmallow seems more balanced to me. It also has that nice fluffier marshmallow smell even tho it’s only at 1.5%.

I also increased peanut butter to 1% and added the toasted almond back in at .5% in these last 2 test batches.

I’ll let these 2 steep for a few more days and check them again. I should have my next flavor order with the FA Banana by Saturday.

Satchvai, what are the thoughts on the FA Banana at the 3% you used? I was thinking since I’m at 13.5% Lucky Shot that I may start at 2-2.5%.
It's a pretty weak flavor but give it a try.

Reactions: matrix961

pkt1

Mar 12, 2014
Florida
Man that Lucky Shot must be a Hot seller for them, every time the 4oz bottle comes up I delay a bit and
miss it! 16oz is available but that seems like a lot of flavor......2 cups right ? How long would this keep ?
The 1oz seems like too little for too much.
I'm still waiting on that custom mix as well. I'm tired of sitting on the bench.

This is probably not news to you guys but I tried "BOSS Reserve" by Cuttwood and to me it tasted like a light version of M&H.
I've read that five pawns GRANDMASTER & Dr Crimmys- Honey Humps are similar as well.

matrix961

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
East Coast USA
Man that Lucky Shot must be a Hot seller for them, every time the 4oz bottle comes up I delay a bit and
miss it! 16oz is available but that seems like a lot of flavor......2 cups right ? How long would this keep ?
The 1oz seems like too little for too much.
I'm still waiting on that custom mix as well. I'm tired of sitting on the bench.

This is probably not news to you guys but I tried "BOSS Reserve" by Cuttwood and to me it tasted like a light version of M&H.
I've read that five pawns GRANDMASTER & Dr Crimmys- Honey Humps are similar as well.

That's crazy it keeps selling out on ya. I imagine the flavor would keep for quite some time, at least a year I would think? I also imagine it shouldnt take them long to restock. Best to keep checking.

I have heard of honey humps but haven't tried it yet. The reviews seem good. I also haven't had boss reserve. The local b&m here has it so maybe i'll swing by and try it.

I also got the FA Banana today and got to say it's way better than the others I have. Just made a test batch with it.

matrix961

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
East Coast USA
So I let lucky shot steep. Not m&h but man it's delicious!

Im really liking it with just some extra marshmallow and a touch of peanut butter. When I'm vaping in my uwell crown tank it is so flavorful. My troll rda sucks compared to that tank lol.

It seems we are still missing something for a true m&h profile tho. I might try that honey humps to see what thats like since it seems to remind some people of m&h based on the reviews.

pkt1

Mar 12, 2014
Florida
Well I got my flavors & the Nic SHOULD ship soon, I hope to have it by Monday. I hope you guys will put up with me asking stupid questions
but I've done my homework so I may not be bad. Sounds like you guys are liking the Lucky shot strait, maybe I should have gotten that 1lb bottle :)

matrix961 I may have lead you astray with my recommendation of the Boss Reserve. I had sampled it at the store with the young mans box mod with a carto tank
& like I said it was tasty but when I put it into a Magma drippier on a Provari it was not the same....just ok

Any ideas of what I should mix up that would be of help.

matrix961

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
East Coast USA
I was only able to sample boss reserve since the b&m near me didn't have anything but 0mg last week. It was good. I did pick up this banana pudding juice that just threw me when I tasted it. It has that perfect banana flavor that's nothing like the banana flavors I have. It's called banilla putin. I thought it may have been banana split so I got the CAP version and it's not the same. Anyways it's the same banana note I got from Milk & Honey early on. I'm likely going to give up on the banana for now until I find what they were using. It has to be out there somewhere, I even have some old juices I had made with tfa banana cream and a few others. Even with a long steep time it's not the same.

Right now my latest attempt has been working well for me. I think this is where I'm going to take a rest and just vape this for a bit.

OSDIY Lucky Shot - 7%
TFA Marshmallow - 3%
TFA Vanilla Swirl - 2%
TFA Peanut Butter - 1.5%
CAP Butter - .5%

pkt1

Mar 12, 2014
Florida
It is much better with the butter, seems to remove that chalky taste. I really like the Lucky Shot but I'm not sure It belongs in this mix. There was a Pod Cast on that "DIY or DIE" site where a group of the Pros admitted that they were unable to zero in on
Milk n Honey. In trying allot of tasty stuff gets mixed!
Try this I add a few drops of sweetener but that's to taste.

Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA) 8%
Marshmallow (TPA) 3%
Peanut Butter (TPA) 1.5%
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 2%
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 2%

It's a Shake and Vape

Reactions: mcginnis314

matrix961

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
East Coast USA
It is much better with the butter, seems to remove that chalky taste. I really like the Lucky Shot but I'm not sure It belongs in this mix. There was a Pod Cast on that "DIY or DIE" site where a group of the Pros admitted that they were unable to zero in on
Milk n Honey. In trying allot of tasty stuff gets mixed!
Try this I add a few drops of sweetener but that's to taste.

Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA) 8%
Marshmallow (TPA) 3%
Peanut Butter (TPA) 1.5%
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 2%
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 2%

It's a Shake and Vape

I tried this and it's very good. I agree about the lucky shot, it's good but may not belong. Milk and Honey has been the hardest hands down for me. I got other clones nailed down except this one.

Finally found the banana i've been looking for tho. It's banana nut bread, it gives me the best non-candy banana flavor personally.

When i order new flavors i always get different versions of flavors that i think could be in milk and honey. I think eventually we will get it.

I need to order another bottle tho for a refresher. That might help.

matrix961

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
East Coast USA
Who's banana nut bread? I have TPA. I'm about to make another order.
You know I'm sure that it doesn't take long to have a few hundred dollars in flavors, I'm a little concerned about shelf life as some see very little use......I'm sure there's a thread in here some where!
Good to see ya back in play there matrix961.
Welcome Rebelfan6976

I have TFA Banana Nut Bread. I think flavors will last at least a year or so but may depend on the flavor itself. I was just planning on using them until they tasted bad LOL :p

So I hadn't touched lucky shot for awhile and decided to give it a whiff. I put vanilla swirl next to it and took another whiff. I got one of those genuine flashbacks, there is something with this combo that just took me back. It might be that graham note. So I thought what the heck might as well whip something up keeping with the general m&h profile.

I also ordered some FW Graham and TFA Graham to test out. TFA had one that was just listed as Graham Cracker, not clear.

OSDIY Lucky Shot - 6%
TFA Vanilla Swirl - 4%
TFA Banana Nut Bread - 0.5%
TFA Peanut Butter - 0.5%
CAP Butter - 0.5%
TFA Sweetener - 2 drops per 10ml
TFA Smooth - 1 drop per 10ml

For the dropper size I'm still using a dropper from an old 30ml bottle that some liquid came in. Not sure how standard they are.

I added smooth because I think it adds a bit of thickness.

matrix961

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
East Coast USA
Was looking for more flavors and noticed there is an FA marzipan flavor. I've had real marzipan before and it's sweet, nutty, and usually has hints of honey. Then I thought well...hell...if it was just right couldn't this be a possibility as an ingredient?

I ordered some from bull city. Nothing to lose really and if the reviews are correct it will be a creamy sweet flavor with nutty notes and hints of honey. Not getting my hopes up but you never know. Also if anyone has FA marzipan and can comment on if they think it could be in m&h please let us know. I should have it by the end of the week.

matrix961

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
East Coast USA
Just got my new flavors in. Marzipan was a no go but interestingly enough FLV Milk & Honey was useful. Go figure...

Probably not final but it's the closest I've come for my tastes...

FLV Milk & Honey - 3%
TFA Toasted Marshmallow - 2%
TFA Vanilla Swirl - 2%
TFA Cotton Candy - 1%
TFA Banana Nut Bread - 1%
TFA Peanut Butter - 0.5%
INW Biscuit - 0.5%

If anything to me this is definitely a vape that's lighter than air with marshmallow, sweet milk, and a hint of honey. It also has a nice sweetness but not over the top for me. The hints of peanut butter and banana are finally working well for me in this.

I'm ordering in another original bottle of m&h to compare for next week. Since my dang b&m stopped selling it.

Also my previous attempt with lucky shot was ok but I'm finally convinced that it doesn't belong in this. I got at least one recognizable note from it all along but it's just not enough especially when my newer flavors have more of what I'm looking for.

Last edited:

C4M3120N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Jacksonville, FL USA
Nice to see people are still working on this. I tried very hard last year to clone M&H but as with everyone se who has, all my attempts also failed, lol. There's always something missing... In regards to that, I wanted to throw out two additional flavors that I believe could be key long missing ingredients. I recently mixed up some straight TFA Mango, just to vape as a single flavor. It was pretty good but I also couldn't help but notice something about it that reminded me of M&H everytime I vaped it. Also completely out of left field, I would like to suggest FA Meringue and I honestly believe that with the correct percentages of each of these we will 've able to find that difficult to obtain sweetness that true M&H has. Unfortunately, it's going to be a couple of weeks before I can order either of these.

matrix961

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
East Coast USA
Nice to see people are still working on this. I tried very hard last year to clone M&H but as with everyone se who has, all my attempts also failed, lol. There's always something missing... In regards to that, I wanted to throw out two additional flavors that I believe could be key long missing ingredients. I recently mixed up some straight TFA Mango, just to vape as a single flavor. It was pretty good but I also couldn't help but notice something about it that reminded me of M&H everytime I vaped it. Also completely out of left field, I would like to suggest FA Meringue and I honestly believe that with the correct percentages of each of these we will 've able to find that difficult to obtain sweetness that true M&H has. Unfortunately, it's going to be a couple of weeks before I can order either of these.

Hey good to see you still checking back. I agree it's been one hell of a juice to clone. I mean damn, I've got good clones of other juices zeroed in for my tastes in the past year but none have been as difficult as M&H.

I played with FLV Milk and Honey this weekend and I'm liking the sweetness it adds just by itself. It also has that sweet milkiness. Another flavor which I also included in the last recipe is INW biscuit, I was surprised by it since it adds such a nice hint of bakery (which has also reminded me of graham when vaping so far at times in combination with the other ingredients) and also a touch of sweet butteriness that I always sensed in M&H at times.

Now for the big pain in the ......Banana...This is the one that I've come close with banana nut bread but still I don't get the exact hint of banana nilla pudding every so often in M&H that I remember. That's what it tasted like to me every so often with a true peeled ripe banana taste. Not any of the chemical tasting banana's. So now I'm going to bite the bullet and try the medicine flower banana extract which is supposed to be the most natural tasting and most expensive lol but also more concentrated. I just ordered some and will be making a 10% dilution of it to use in the recipe.

I also always sensed a cotton candy type flavor although extremely light and mostly when tasting on my tongue so I ordered some circus cotton candy to play with which has more flavor than EM supposedly.

I'll check out mango and meringue since I have those. I'm also still playing with adding a drop or 2 of honeysuckle since that gives me the slight sweet floral honey type taste I got on exhale from M&H at times.

It's been so long since I had the original which is why I'm going to have to order a new bottle in just to make sure I keep on track with it's profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread