Closed - Limit reached All NEW!! Weekly GotVapes Ultimate Contest Prize Giveaway & Chit Chat Hangout Thread, Come Hangout and Have Fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
1509764_611227492280231_1122618155_n.jpg

he's sayin...'No Baby don't paint dat zit dere Please'....:laugh:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Krusty is using brother in laws computer, a million pop ups. At home I have a great pop up blocker but can't remember the name.

Any help would be appreciated:)

This is a big "red flag" that the system is infected with spyware/adware... using a pop up blocker ( if it would work ) would be ignoring the root cause.

NGAHaze

Infinity Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Georgia
This is a big "red flag" that the system is infected with spyware/adware... using a pop up blocker ( if it would work ) would be ignoring the root cause.

While I don't disagree that could be a problem, you could however, still get pop ups without being infected ... :)

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
While I don't disagree that could be a problem, you could however, still get pop ups without being infected ... :)

You are correct that you can get pop-ups without being infected... but they will likely be relatively few on certain sites here and there. If on the other hand you are getting them on most websites, then it is likely not the website serving them up but something installed on the computer. For instance... visiting ECF won't have a pop-up unless you happened to get a PM notice or similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread