The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Closed - Limit reached All NEW!! Weekly GotVapes Ultimate Contest Prize Giveaway & Chit Chat Hangout Thread, Come Hangout and Have Fun!!

Discussion in 'MyVape' started by badkolo, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CcaT

CcaT ECF Guru ECF Veteran

May 16, 2012
    Washington State
  2. Maxedout

Maxedout ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2012
    Arizona
    Good Morning everyone!

3. RichardV

RichardV Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Not only did I lose an hour, now I have no energy at all.
    The Force is not with me.

4. AG51

AG51 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2011
    Dat Way →
    I don't think I eber had the force Richard :laugh:

5. CcaT

May 16, 2012
    Washington State
    How about The Schwartz?

6. AG51

AG51 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2011
    Dat Way →
    yeah, he was smooth :laugh:

7. CcaT

May 16, 2012
    Washington State
  8. whodat2112

whodat2112 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

I ran malwarebytes and he had over 1000 trojans/spyware...etc.
    It will be infected again by the end of the day:)

9. whodat2112

whodat2112 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Krusty held a garage sale today, now I have a family that I dont even know living in my garage.......ba-da-boom
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

10. oldbikeguy

oldbikeguy ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use the free Avast stops all of that

11. rdsok

rdsok ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2012
    Norman, Ok
    Actually not... I'm not saying Avast isn't good... it ( as with most antivirus programs ) isn't made to detect this type of infection simply because many of these types of infections are classified subjectively. In fact, Malwarebytes Antimalware, which is great at the tougher spywares, still passes by a lot of the lesser ones. I use a combination of them in order to clear out most of them but only after I've manually removed what I can find by hand first.

12. CalamityJan

CalamityJan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2009
    TX
    I'd try a couple of Ccleaner run-thru's also, Krusty. Does he have a firewall on either the 'puter or router? I put Comodo free firewall on DD and DGD's computers 'cause they have a way of clickin' into bad stuff all the time. :facepalm:

13. tiggerrts

tiggerrts ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Couldn't help it and took a nap, going to be hard to sleep tonight.

14. rdsok

rdsok ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2012
    Norman, Ok
    CCleaner is a great util and I do use it before and after removing malware but it isn't protection software and doesn't detect anything... it cleans out temp file locations and can find invalid registry entries... it's a standard regular maintenance software. I also recommend firewalls but they don't protect from stuff already installed so much in most cases... For example if you give Internet Explorer or Chrome etc permission to access the internet... then any add-ons or extensions that are installed into IE or Chrome also get permission automatically.

In fact... current types of protection software is inadequate for the simple reason that they work by using a "blacklist" of known malware and known malicious actions... they can't detect or protect against the unknowns which is how most systems are now infected.

What needs to happen is a shift in the direction we take to protect our systems... it needs done on the OS level ( and user level also ). We need to switch to using "whitelists" with a defined set of permissions ( allowed actions ) instead... it is easier to define known good software than to guess at an unknown that may come out at anytime. The OS should not allow any software what so ever to run if it isn't on an allowed whitelist. The OS should also let the user add allowed programs onto the whitelist so new unknown ( or little known ) programs won't be blocked.

15. mattiem

mattiem ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

I don't get upset about many things but I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME. I just can't see where it is necessary to have to readjust our inner time clocks twice a year. :facepalm:

Now back to our regularly scheduled conversations :D

16. oldbikeguy

I also use advanced system care 7 the free one,and a few others:D

17. oliverturtle

oliverturtle Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2014
    Near the volcano
    Finally home from work. Is it vacation time yet?

18. Poeia

Poeia Bird Brain Verified Member ECF Veteran

When it was 6 months on and 6 months off, I could almost understand it. Now that it is 8 months on and 4 off, it makes less than no sense. Why not just go on DST and stay there?

19. Poeia

Poeia Bird Brain Verified Member ECF Veteran

What she said. :D

Congratulations.

20. oldbikeguy

a few places never did it at all,talk about messing a guy up:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.