Closest to cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Anybody know of a tank with prebuilt coils that is most similar to using a cartomizer tank? I already have the nautilus, so any other recommendations would be great.
Modern day clearomizer coil heads are essentially designed like a cartomizer. They consist of a metal cylindrical tube with a vertical wire coil surrounded by a fibrous wick material inside, and port holes to allow e-liquid to get to the coil. I include the below image to show how similar a coil head is to a cartomizer.

large_eTank_Sub-Ohm_Clearomizer_Parts.jpg

You probably need to stick with a mouth to lung tank that uses a low wattage (under 14 watts), higher ohm coil (over 1.0 ohm) to get the vape characteristics of a cartomizer tank.

Unfortunately for you, the current trend in vaping is for direct lung tanks that use sub-ohm coils that require high wattage. My first recommendation would have been an original Aspire Nautilus tank, but there are still others around. You might also consider the mouth to lung Innokin Zenith tank with the 1.6 ohm coils available. You don't have to buy the starter kit; you can just buy the tank.

You should read this thread for suggestions, too.
Mods/ Tanks for High VG that work for MTL

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I like the Zenith MTL tanks, with a 1.6ohm coil. The larger 24mm size has a 4mL capacity, and the smaller D22 tank (22mm dia.) is 3mL or 2mL (2mL is TPD version). Replacing the coil in them is easy-peasy and so is topfilling them. I get a very smooth and flavorful vape when using any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread