I use clearomizers. Should I try a cartomizer tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Yea if for no other reason to see if you get a better vape. I Still use one and will upgrade to a VV. But I like that on the carty you can easlilly clean it and replace the atty. Some have said that dual coils and the adj voltage batterys don't mix well because of the higher voltage. You have to match the ohms/resistance to the battery voltage. I will use my Stardust/CE/Clearmerizers until they die. I will not likely replace them but will upgrade. I like the wick system on them. That is why the VV upgrade/change. Easier to clean than my Ego t and a standard carty.
Keep in mind that this is just one opinion and I'm a relative FNG so others may have a different experience.
Hope this helps

Disk4mat

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2012
USA
I have to echo what Steve said... Try it if for no other reason you can say that you've explored other options and now you prefer ______. Myself I havent had much luck with anything that has wicks. Be it a clero, CE2, 3 etc and even the Vivi Nova. They just cant keep up with my vaping style and needs.

So I tried a carto and tank and its perfect for me. Single coil for smooth vapes with good flavor and dual coils when I feel the need for great th. Im not settled on a 'all the time' coil/ohm. But Im leaning towards a dual 2ohm for the best of everything.

Also as steve said I think VV plays a role here. Without it, you may be more limited in your choices for cartos.

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
I bought one DCT, and the top o-ring was damaged when I got it. They obviously jammed the carto in there, and took a slight bite out of it in the process. It leaked like a sieve when I tried it, and I never bothered with it again.

I made my own tank out of rubber grommets and a cut syringe tube, and it worked fairly well, but was more difficult to refill and such.

Dual coils in a tank can be a monster vape that few clearomizers could emulate. But, if you're used to clearomizers, you may find that you can taste the polyfill in standard cartos. I can, and it's a deal-breaker for me.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Contrary to what Steve said, I don't think dual coils are going to be at their best unless you can hit them with a lot of power. A 1.5ohm DC is just 2 3-ohm coils in parallel (2 ohm DC is a pair of 4-ohm coils in parallel, etc.), and it doesn't seem like they'd be at their peak until you're hitting them with enough power to actually drive each individual coil. But I also haven't used one, so that may not be completely right. I just haven't bothered because what I know about electronics says they shouldn't work well.

But they're still worth trying. So are single coil cartos. You might like them better than what you're using. If not, then you support your preference.

Personally, I don't really like cartos. For me, they don't vape any better than the clearos I've tried (vivi novas and Kanger T2s, of which I prefer the VN) and I hate how they fail; all of the cartos I had in a tank would just start flooding at some point on day 2 or 3 and were basically unusable at that point. Considering that they weren't any better, I figured that $1.60 every few days was too much to pay compared to a $3 VN head that lasts several weeks or possibly months and can change flavors easily.

Still……give them a try. You might have a better experience than I did.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
All things have their place.

If you have a decent sized tube mod on hand, then a carto tank would be a good match in terms of it won't look ridiculous on your pv. If you have an eGo or similar fat battery though, bear in mind that it's going to make the device top heavy.

Mostapha (above) has given you some sound advice in that you ought not put a dual coil in a tank unless you are using a VV device. You need more power to hit those. If you are using a fixed 3.7v device, you can use the smok tech 1.7ohm cartos (singe coil) and these will work very well, giving you tons of vapor, throat hit, etc.

One of the reasons many people like a tank is because of the juice capacity. I use a legacy at home with a 5ml carto tank because it's just easy to have a go to vape that you'd only need to fill once in a while. But I use my eGos with a clearo when out and about because its smaller and i don't have a constant bunch of idiots asking what im "smoking".

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Carto tanks for sure, dual coil cartos NO.

You are better of getting single coil cartos and tank unless you have a PV with a high enough amp limit to power DCC's properly.
    Also, I do not like SmokTech's DCT's because they pretty much force you to use SmokTech's pre-drilled cartos (smart move on their part, but bad for the consumer). If you punch your own cartos, they are a mother bear to get into that tank.

Last edited:

mostapha

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Also, I do not like SmokTech's DCT's because they pretty much force you to use SmokTech's pre-drilled cartos (smart move on their part, but bad for the consumer). If you punch your own cartos, they are a mother bear to get into that tank.

I had a lot of complaints about cartos, but that wasn't one of them. I cut down my DCT's tube to use a regular size carto at some point (before I threw it away) and it worked fine……………well………it worked as well as it ever did……which is to say it worked as well as the cartos did……which is to say badly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread