Not open for further replies.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
Glad to see the OP ask this question rather than just selling their stuff and leaving their thread open.

Perhaps there should be a sticky explaining how to close a Classifieds thread.

Thread-closing within 24 hours of receiving funds should be mandatory and violators (with no valid reason beyond "oops, my bad") should lose all Classified privileges for a long, long, time. This would very likely turn habitual offenders into one-timers.

The "I use Tapatalk so I can't close it" excuse is getting old. If a user cannot close a thread through Tapatalk then they shouldn't be able to open one through Tapatalk. Simple as that.

Several times recently I've been on the fence about a sale (do I really need four more tanks or another VF) and after watching a week or more of no bites figured what the heck, I'll help a vaper out and take them off their hands, only to get a message back saying they sold them days ago.

Kind of brings up another sore spot for me: users (buyers AND sellers) who ignore the thread and communicate strictly with PMs/conversations. I know the "rules" don't require thread communication beyond closing it (which is often ignored) but the absence of a rule doesn't justify an absence of courtesy.

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
The thought behind the way closing threads is like this. Open with check mark = Open, Open with no check mark is the opposite, Closed.

As far as finding the instructions for closing a thread, it's in the Classified rules.

Classified Rules - Updated Often | E-Cigarette Forum

Under General Overview
  • Once your classified listing is complete, please close your thread so that we might move the thread to the closed sub-forum.
1. Go to your classified thread.
2. Click "Thread Tools" just above your first post.
3. Uncheck the box "Open"
The thread will now be closed

This is also posted in the Classifieds main forum.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/important-thread-closing-is-required.177631/

j0ker

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
MS Gulf Coast
Glad to see the OP ask this question rather than just selling their stuff and leaving their thread open.

Perhaps there should be a sticky explaining how to close a Classifieds thread.

Thread-closing within 24 hours of receiving funds should be mandatory and violators (with no valid reason beyond "oops, my bad") should lose all Classified privileges for a long, long, time. This would very likely turn habitual offenders into one-timers.

The "I use Tapatalk so I can't close it" excuse is getting old. If a user cannot close a thread through Tapatalk then they shouldn't be able to open one through Tapatalk. Simple as that.

Several times recently I've been on the fence about a sale (do I really need four more tanks or another VF) and after watching a week or more of no bites figured what the heck, I'll help a vaper out and take them off their hands, only to get a message back saying they sold them days ago.

Kind of brings up another sore spot for me: users (buyers AND sellers) who ignore the thread and communicate strictly with PMs/conversations. I know the "rules" don't require thread communication beyond closing it (which is often ignored) but the absence of a rule doesn't justify an absence of courtesy.

See sticky - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/important-thread-closing-is-required.177631/

When members don't close their thread, after 2 warnings a member does lose access to the Classifieds. Keep in mind this is only a minor issue compared to other violations and losing access forever is a little excessive. (lately we've been lenient due to the new forum and new methods for closing)

Members can't post ads with Tapatalk or we actively pursue blocking Tapatalk is what I should say. As Tapatalk updates sometimes members are able to slip through till we can block it again. The Tapatalk excuse isn't valid and the member is advised they must close their thread, even if that means accessing the web browser on their phone or a computer.

In summary it is required that a seller close their thread when the sell is complete. So what does complete mean? By our definition complete is when the seller receives the funds and is prepared to ship to buyer. So a seller should post and/or close the thread. Does it happen this way every time? No but we try our best to stay on top of it but like I said, it's a minor offence and we won't dismiss a member form the Classifieds unless it is found that they choose to ignore our warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread