The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Closure of An Aussie Vaper Forum : EDIT - Not Closed :)

Discussion in 'Australia - New Zealand Forum' started by Acer50, Jan 7, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Acer50

Acer50 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2014
    Duck River Tasmania
    It is with sadness today that I learned of a closure of the biggest vaping forum in Australia. It seemed that it was badly infected with malware and other annoying hacking stuff. I refer to the AussieVapers | The original Australian e-cigarette community. I do not know if I am allowed to tell people that a new emergency forum that has been set up here until their former moderators decide what to do. There were some very good contributors on the aussievapers forum and some good local and overseas vendors as well. The new aussievapers emergency forum is located here:

Edit by classwife :
    AussieVapers is not closed

REMOVED the link to "emergency" site - see post below

Moderators of this ECF forum please note I am not poaching members for this forum but just advising my fellow Australians of a stop gap measure.

2. Firestorm

Firestorm Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chicagoland
    Thanks for the heads up. I don't visit that forum often, but I am a member. I hope that they sort things out and come back.

3. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Member here also. Sorry for your troubles! Hate to lose all of the history there, gl moving forward. Keep us in the loop. Vapers stick together!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Silka

Silka Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 18, 2015
    Australia
    Fake news folks - all is well at AFV - simply at data base error that happens over there from time to time - was only down a few hours!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. gt_1955

gt_1955 Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2012
    South Australia
    I agree, but then with this member why let the truth get in the way of poaching members for his mate's forum?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Acer50

Acer50 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2014
    Duck River Tasmania
    There was no intent to poach anyone. The person that started the so called emergency forum did so after email consultation with several of their members and even offered to hand over the forum to them if need be with full admin privileges. If there is an outage, then @gt_1995 why was there noting posted on the forums FB page? It is noted with appreciation that the forum in question came back but none of the previous issues of which members complained about had been resolved. You know of which I speak and why newbies are to scared to return to the forum.

7. gt_1955

gt_1955 Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2012
    South Australia
    Let me just quote you a bit

Given that it is up and running, where's your retraction from that obviously false statement?

Additionally, whom do you obtain permission from to advertise a "New aussievapers emergency forum"? The admin? The moderators? Ah that's right, your mate ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I edited the thread title to reflect that AussieVapers is open.
    Site/system glitches are such a pain !

I also deleted the link to the referenced "Emergency" site in the op - I got hit with a ton of crap when I went to look.

Closing this.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.