• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Closure of An Aussie Vaper Forum : EDIT - Not Closed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
It is with sadness today that I learned of a closure of the biggest vaping forum in Australia. It seemed that it was badly infected with malware and other annoying hacking stuff. I refer to the AussieVapers | The original Australian e-cigarette community. I do not know if I am allowed to tell people that a new emergency forum that has been set up here until their former moderators decide what to do. There were some very good contributors on the aussievapers forum and some good local and overseas vendors as well. The new aussievapers emergency forum is located here:

Edit by classwife :
AussieVapers is not closed

REMOVED the link to "emergency" site - see post below

Moderators of this ECF forum please note I am not poaching members for this forum but just advising my fellow Australians of a stop gap measure.

Last edited by a moderator:

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia
Fake news folks - all is well at AFV - simply at data base error that happens over there from time to time - was only down a few hours!
I agree, but then with this member why let the truth get in the way of poaching members for his mate's forum?

Last edited:

Acer50

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2014
Duck River Tasmania
www.facebook.com
I agree, but then with this member why let the truth get in the way of poaching members for his mate's forum?
There was no intent to poach anyone. The person that started the so called emergency forum did so after email consultation with several of their members and even offered to hand over the forum to them if need be with full admin privileges. If there is an outage, then @gt_1995 why was there noting posted on the forums FB page? It is noted with appreciation that the forum in question came back but none of the previous issues of which members complained about had been resolved. You know of which I speak and why newbies are to scared to return to the forum.

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia
Let me just quote you a bit

It is with sadness today that I learned of a closure of the biggest vaping forum in Australia. </snip>

Given that it is up and running, where's your retraction from that obviously false statement?

Additionally, whom do you obtain permission from to advertise a "New aussievapers emergency forum"? The admin? The moderators? Ah that's right, your mate ...

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Cynophobe

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I edited the thread title to reflect that AussieVapers is open.
Site/system glitches are such a pain !

I also deleted the link to the referenced "Emergency" site in the op - I got hit with a ton of crap when I went to look.

Closing this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread