The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Dangerous Pop Up's in an Aussie Forum

Discussion in 'Australia - New Zealand Forum' started by Acer50, Aug 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Acer50

Acer50 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2014
    Duck River Tasmania
    I am not forum bashing and have been reading Aussievapers forum for some time, however there seems to be a problem with it insofar as in the last six months or so but dangerous pop ups of adverts have been appearing and my AV blocking software has been going ballistic blocking them. It seems the forum owner or the moderators have been powerless to block them. If you do not have a good AV program or an add blocker I caution people going to that forum.
    It seems the forum has been hacked and its a pity as it was a good Aussie forum and it is slowly dying.

2. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    This is one of the reasons why I use uBlock Origin and refuse to whitelist any site. Malicious advertising is alive and well and a good ad blocker is critical in your defense arsenal.

• Like Like x 2
  3. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Amen

4. Acer50

Acer50 Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2014
    Duck River Tasmania
    Which is the better of the two may I ask add?

The chrome ad blocker extension or uBlock. On my laptop I use the Adblocker extension.

5. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    IMO, can't beat uBlock Origin.

6. gt_1955

gt_1955 Resting In Peace ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2012
    South Australia
    Just for info only, almost all members and all the moderators have now abandoned AVF in favour of a new forum due to these issues and the lack of admin support. That in itself is a damn shame, but that's life I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Possum64

Possum64 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2017
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hello @gt_1955. Can you recommend a decent Australian forum? I would like to be involved with a local forum as well if possible.
    Catherine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.