Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
Has anyone ever thought about stuffing freshly mixed bottles of DIY into a sock or something and putting them in the dryer on a delicate cycle and a lower heat setting? Right now I typically do a few hot baths and shake like crazy, But this would be a little more automated? Tell me what you think please.

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
I don't see anything good coming out of that scenario. Especially if you aren't prepared to buy a new dryer. Or sleep on the couch, if you're married. In fact, both if you're married.
I have used my coffee maker once or twice when I used to mix NETs. Just put enough water in for half of a pot, leave out the whole "coffee" part and brew. I suppose it's worthwhile to mention I used glass bottles. I would imagine plastic would be OK.... Probably just bob around in the water but, hey. Seemed to work OK and the wife thought I was crazy but I didn't ruin any of her appliances lol.
If you're single then go for it. Just report back. :D

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
I don't see anything good coming out of that scenario. Especially if you aren't prepared to buy a new dryer. Or sleep on the couch, if you're married. In fact, both if you're married.
I have used my coffee maker once or twice when I used to mix NETs. Just put enough water in for half of a pot, leave out the whole "coffee" part and brew. I suppose it's worthwhile to mention I used glass bottles. I would imagine plastic would be OK.... Probably just bob around in the water but, hey. Seemed to work OK and the wife thought I was crazy but I didn't ruin any of her appliances lol.
LoL, I dont think I am going to chance it!! I guess it depends on the internal temperature of that drum if it hovered in the high 100s I would be ok, because my kcup brews at 190ish degrees and the plastic bottles dont melt. I typically put them in a stainless bowl and fill with water to about an 1/8th to a 1/4 below the fluid. when cool shake my .... off then repeat. I was looking to combine the mixing with the heat.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
LoL, I dont think I am going to chance it!! I guess it depends on the internal temperature of that drum if it hovered in the high 100s I would be ok, because my kcup brews at 190ish degrees and the plastic bottles dont melt. I typically put them in a stainless bowl and fill with water to about an 1/8th to a 1/4 below the fluid. when cool shake my .... off then repeat. I was looking to combine the mixing with the heat.

I see where you're going there. Quite clever.
It is your calling to invent the mini tabletop dryer for socks and e-liquid. It's genius.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
30ml plastic will fit, but that's the limit. The strap is rubber to hold the bottle securely and it's quite stretchy.
Small scale. I see what you mean.

Trust me I can put a bigger strap on there.LoL then im going to mount it to a blowdryer stand, put a blowdryer on it shake then heat all together!! can someone say LIGHTBULB??? hahaha

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
Trust me I can put a bigger strap on there.LoL then im going to mount it to a blowdryer stand, put a blowdryer on it shake then heat all together!! can someone say LIGHTBULB??? hahaha

I picture this setup looking like something from Dr. Seuss. We demand a full video tutorial.

I'm thinking of combining three tasks at once, Mix the juice by whirling in my salad spinner, then slip the bottle into the upper exhaust pipe of my bike and ride it to complete my errands then tape it to my washing machine while I wash a load of throw rugs. For a grand finale I guess I could hang the bottle around my neck while I'm taking a hot shower. by that time if it hasn't steeped and mixed enough it will just have to sit alone in the closet and vegetate! :D

rowdyplace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Of all of the creative steeping/ageing/mixing processes I have heard, the bra method is my preferred way.

But, since I do not wear a bra - I'm a guy - then maybe this will work: Robart Paint Polish Shaker Battery Powered 410 | eBay

Seriously, I am a CP and UC guy.

(Inside my pickup truck hubcaps and a bumpy gravel road is probably second best to the bra.)

Tcar

Dec 17, 2013
North Carolina
Has anyone ever thought about stuffing freshly mixed bottles of DIY into a sock or something and putting them in the dryer on a delicate cycle and a lower heat setting? Right now I typically do a few hot baths and shake like crazy, But this would be a little more automated? Tell me what you think please.
Funny you mention that, but I thought air that exact thing last week while doing laundry.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
I was thinking about attaching a bottle of juice to my dog's tail. If I can do it somehow that it does not bother her, then I can take the dog for a walk and shake my juice at the same time.
Lmao...... But seriously it does look like it would work well..... You should watch the video

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio

You sound like a wise man. My husband would ask before he did anything out of the ordinary with one of *my* appliances, just as I would ask before doing anything to *his* lawnmower or power tools. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread