Cloud contest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
But but... why?!

There are so many cool and impressive skills to learn in life. Very few of those include anything expelled from anyones orifices. I'm sure there are exemptions... but still... blowing hot air?! Whyyyy?!

Short version: I don't get it.

Setting tobacco on fire and inhaling tar?! Whyyy?!

Zero nic sub-ohm vaping could be safer than nic laced supra-ohm vaping.

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
I just look at that paps, inc prototype box mod. Really cool. I just don't understand how he could get 6v off it or any other dual battery mod unless it was built for that purpose. It would also have to be VV... I'm a bit confused. 6v/150A/0.04ohms/900w IMO there is no safe way to vape at 900w with only a dual coil. maybe with 8 coils lol

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
But but... why?!

There are so many cool and impressive skills to learn in life. Very few of those include anything expelled from anyones orifices. I'm sure there are exemptions... but still... blowing hot air?! Whyyyy?!

Short version: I don't get it.

One thing I've learned over the years is that I will never truly understand why people do things I don't understand until I try them myself, if I feel like it.

For example, why on earth would people strap expensive planks of wood, fiberglass and steel on their feet and slide down the side of a snow and ice covered mountain in the middle of winter doing what looks to any sane person obviously their best to crash and hurt themselves. I mean, at least they could take the shortest and obviously safest route by going straight down the mountain. But NOOOOO, they keep going right, then left, then right and over and over again like they are totally insane :facepalm: !

Then I tried it. Didn't take long for me to understand. Then there's motorcycle racing, sky diving, mountain climbing, scuba diving, bungee jumping, etc. I'll stick to skiing thanks ;), but I'm not going to look down on anyone's idea of a worthwhile endeavor unless it's likely to endanger someone else.

Of course as always, YMMV.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
One thing I've learned over the years is that I will never truly understand why people do things I don't understand until I try them myself, if I feel like it.

For example, why on earth would people strap expensive planks of wood, fiberglass and steel on their feet and slide down the side of a snow and ice covered mountain in the middle of winter doing what looks to any sane person obviously their best to crash and hurt themselves. I mean, at least they could take the shortest and obviously safest route by going straight down the mountain. But NOOOOO, they keep going right, then left, then right and over and over again like they are totally insane :facepalm: !

Then I tried it. Didn't take long for me to understand. Then there's motorcycle racing, sky diving, mountain climbing, scuba diving, bungee jumping, etc. I'll stick to skiing thanks ;), but I'm not going to look down on anyone's idea of a worthwhile endeavor unless it's likely to endanger someone else.

Of course as always, YMMV.

I do understand your POV but to bring vaping down this road is not helping the bigger picture.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Setting tobacco on fire and inhaling tar?! Whyyy?!Zero nic sub-ohm vaping could be safer than nic laced supra-ohm vaping.
Safety aside... My point is that I doubt we'll see a couple of cloud makers at the next Nitro Circus... if there ever is any.Sorry for P-ing on anyones parade. The fact that I don't get it doesn't make it stupid by default.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I do understand your POV but to bring vaping down this road is not helping the bigger picture.

It is a risk vapdivrr, I agree.

In a perfect vaping world I see nothing but people using it to stop smoking, but looking at it realistically we can't do anything to stop other stuff from happening. Things change too, even in our community on ECF. Do you remember when you first became a member the negativity towards people who didn't smoke and took up vaping? That's generally considered acceptable now, specially if they do it with no-nic juice. I don't know for sure what's better for vaping in the long run. All this stuff might actually help make it more mainstream. Either way, there's nothing we can do to stop it.

IMO what would hurt vaping more than anything else is if people started getting hurt. That's one reason I do what I can to help educate about safety. Telling people they just shouldn't push limits is probably going to push them away to look for information elsewhere and while there's some great information out there, there's also bad. That's why I try not to get negative on people and my small way of helping the big picture.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The big picture follows the green not the logic.

Well, as much as we generally feel governments don't listen to us and BP and BT have the upper hand, public opinion is huge too. The more mainstream vaping becomes the harder it will be to put ridiculous regulation in place no matter whose pockets are in play.

gotalotgoingon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Nebraska/Dutch Harbor, AK
Might be going to a cloud contest with a buddy of mine tonight. Ive never been to one. Since I need to rebuild my Nimbus, Im looking for suggestions. I have 28g kanthal, some .9 ribbon, and some thin Phillipino "Flip" wire. What should I make for big crazy clouds?

More ammo for the anti-vaping crowd. Vape responsibly please. While smoking, did you go to cloud contests??

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM
More ammo for the anti-vaping crowd. Vape responsibly please. While smoking, did you go to cloud contests??

im not trying to be a pain, but anyone who has gone to a hookah bar, went to blow clouds... enjoy flavors... sit back and lounge...

smoke tricks, they are everywhere... that didnt just come out of nowhere... im not a cloud chaser, i am just a vaper... i am not going out of my way to get something just to blow a bigger cloud, i get something to provide a better overall experience...

but if you think for a second that given the option of a regular coil at 1.5 ohms, or a mico coil at 1.5 ohms, the micro offering more of a cloud, that im going to build the regular, you are crazy... i may not chase it, but ill do what i can to make it bigger while staying safe...

if i could blanket my living room in vapor... i would...

it was really fun yesterday, i came back to work from lunch, was in my car on the phone with ups trying to figure out a package, getting agitated... and so i grab and just start vaping... windows up... chain vaping... once i calmed down, i glanced over to the smoking area, and saw a guy just staring at me and my fogged car, it wasnt like you couldnt see anything... it was just some good left over vape, which btw from a key lime pie liquid, smells amazing... and i cracked the window and it cleared up... i lost my point somewhere in there i am sure...

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Well, as much as we generally feel governments don't listen to us and BP and BT have the upper hand, public opinion is huge too. The more mainstream vaping becomes the harder it will be to put ridiculous regulation in place no matter whose pockets are in play.

Yeah. I need to adjust my attitude in that direction.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
... im not a cloud chaser, i am just a vaper... i am not going out of my way to get something just to blow a bigger cloud,

if i could blanket my living room in vapor... i would...

... once i calmed down, i glanced over to the smoking area, and saw a guy just staring at me and my fogged car,.. ... i lost my point somewhere in there i am sure...

I think your lost point is you are not a cloud chaser:)

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM
I think your lost point is you are not a cloud chaser:)

i cant tell if your being sarcastic or not... i believe you are being sarcastic, and from the snippet i would agree i sound like a cloud chaser...

i think it would have helped if i had maintained my point and included in there that for the most part, more vapor (not extreme) means more liquid, means more flavor... etc...

i dont know i may be considered a cloud chaser, but i dont consider myself one... i consider myself, a vaper that looks to improve my overall vape not just vapor...

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
i cant tell if your being sarcastic or not... i believe you are being sarcastic, and from the snippet i would agree i sound like a cloud chaser...

i think it would have helped if i had maintained my point and included in there that for the most part, more vapor (not extreme) means more liquid, means more flavor... etc...

i dont know i may be considered a cloud chaser, but i dont consider myself one... i consider myself, a vaper that looks to improve my overall vape not just vapor...

Just kidding around.
There is plenty of love in this world for chasers and non-chasers.

bender817

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
I understand what you are getting at. I am willing to admit that I am a cloud chaser, but I do it purely for pleasure. I would rather have a huge velvety vg cloud with no throat hit and the most intense flavor I can get. And I do it with 8mg all day long. That's just what I like. I don't usually do it around innocent bystanders just to avoid the confusion. And I drip 6 or 7 drops, take 3 pulls, and I'm done with my "smokebreak". I just like it alot, but I try to be responsible about it too. Now if there were organized cloud contests with like-minded people and it wasn't on display to the public... I'd be all over that. It sounds like a good way to get members of the vaping community together and have some coil building and friendly competition. I'm all about the local vape scene. Its really the only place I fit in anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread