Clouds Clouds and more Clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
On both my Grands and my P-67 I run the same atty, the Origen 16, for such a small bit of gear I still get a great amount of vapour production. My wife and I were talking and she said that if we were cloud chasers we would be always walking through a cloud of fog at home.

I wonder what others think, I run the atty’s between 1-.8. For those with partners who don’t vape what do they think, are they just happy you aren’t smoking? Do you take any heat over your foggy homes.

Also do have a favourite place you enjoy vaping most, mine is most certainly the car followed closely by my recliner after a great meal.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
She doesn't care at all unless I chain vape and actually fog up the room. Even then she's not angry, but she wishes I wouldn't do it (so I don't). Half the time she's sniffing the vapor and commenting on how good it smells. The other half she's sniffing it and just giving me this odd look :lol:

Favorite place? In my upstairs room lying in the recliner. Preferably after a great meal, come to think of it.

Great minds think alike eh? :toast:

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Make that 3 of us that love vaping in the car and in our recliners (mine happens to be a stress-less chair but with my feet up its my “recliner.”). I remember when there were 2 categories: cloud chaser or flavor chaser. Now we can have a bit of both! I’ll probably never want to sacrifice flavor for clouds but with my O-16’s (Open air flow) and Nardas (1/2 air flow) I still get great flavor and some pretty dog gone good clouds. Although my beloved is not a vaper, she lived with me smoking for 29 years and certainly prefers my vaping the last 5 years. I was a pretty polite smoker and try to be the same kind of vaper. I know which smells she likes and avoid those when she’s at home (the same goes with incense haha). At times I forget where I’m blowing my vapor and I get a reminder. (I never forgot where to blow smoke though).

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Haha I'm stuck in the bathroom vaping away.. :/ car is no problem. I'm also stuck with flavorless.. make it myself. Everytime I try a flavor once a year or so she screams at me that it smells like cat pee! So whatever.

Bathroom has a fan of course.. its that or go out in the cold garage. Though at night I can vape away in my man cave.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Wife put up with me smoking for decades, so she's very happy that I'm not now. I definitely vape in places I never would have smoked (inside the house and car, for example), but she's never complained about the fog in 5 1/2 years. The cat, however, has an attitude (seems to love spicy chai, tho).

I run gear from 14mm tootle puffing setups to steam engine rigs, typically using 4 or 5 different flavours, so I choose the setup for the situation. Less vapour, muted flavour in the car if I'm not alone, for example.

Favourite vaping occasions? Hmmm... I'll go with having a cup of tea while sitting on a bluff overlooking the ocean at our place and lying on the couch after a good dinner. I don't seem to 'enjoy' the car thing - it's more a convenience.

Also, just because it's naughty, I do get a kick out of ghosting vapes in places like airport lounges and at my desk at work ;)

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I love that “ghosting” term @Papa_Lazarou! I too enjoy sneaking a vape in places that don’t allow smoking i.e. the stalls of public restrooms. It feels like being a teenager, smoking behind buildings, etc. haha.
Although, I’m pretty careful to leave no vape behind as I’m pretty protective of our life saving technology. I was always a conscientious smoker. I was amazed at people who felt it okay to go out of their way (ie cross the street) to tell us smokers that “smoking was harmful.” My hope is that the same won’t happen with vaping. Sometimes I want to do the same thing (cross the street and “inform”) when I see vapors blowing big clouds in public places.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Favourite vaping occasions? Hmmm... I'll go with having a cup of tea while sitting on a bluff overlooking the ocean at our place and lying on the couch after a good dinner.
Ah, I can picture it now...lovely choice, my friend :thumb:

Also, just because it's naughty, I do get a kick out of ghosting vapes in places like airport lounges and at my desk at work ;)
As do I. In the Vegas airport last May, I was heading to the bathroom to sneak a vape when I noticed something I had never seen before: a smoking lounge. A space completely enclosed by glass panels, complete with slots machines and e-cig dispensers. Blew my mind, and I blew my vape :thumbs: (though it lost the naughty sensation I'm used to in airports...)

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
As do I. In the Vegas airport last May, I was heading to the bathroom to sneak a vape when I noticed something I had never seen before: a smoking lounge. A space completely enclosed by glass panels, complete with slots machines and e-cig dispensers. Blew my mind, and I blew my vape :thumbs: (though it lost the naughty sensation I'm used to in airports...)

Yeah, the smoking lounge at airports has gone the way of the dodo. Used to be commonplace. Horrible places to be in, but the only option past security.

I can remember being at Heathrow just after they got removed from that airport. I asked where the lounge had gone and got told "there is NO smoking at the airport sir, as it should be" in that really judgey way that only the English can pull off. Interestingly enough, Heathrow was also one of the first to have a vape shop that let you sample the goods, so you couldn't smoke but could vape (as a "customer").

Now, most every time I head to a bathroom stall to sneak a vape I can hear the telltale sound of others vaping in the adjacent stalls.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I love that “ghosting” term @Papa_Lazarou!.

It's an actual thing. If you take only half of your usual draw, stop, inhale air to fill the rest of your lungs up, wait 4 seconds, and then exhale as hard as you can, you can eliminate almost all the vapour (YMMV). Very handy when you've really got to be stealthy ;)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Now, most every time I head to a bathroom stall to sneak a vape I can hear the telltale sound of others vaping in the adjacent stalls.

Haha - been considering a video (sheesh, been a while) skit about this. There would be an overhead camera showing people in adjacent stalls, waiting for someone to make a sound (EG flush a toilet) so that they could take a vape without the sound being detected. I think it would be hilarious (but difficult to pull off).

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
Haha - been considering a video (sheesh, been a while) skit about this. There would be an overhead camera showing people in adjacent stalls, waiting for someone to make a sound (EG flush a toilet) so that they could take a vape without the sound being detected. I think it would be hilarious (but difficult to pull off).
Dare you, double dare you!:banana: Hey! Hoping your possible shingles are getting sorted. Fingers and paws crossed.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
It's an actual thing. If you take only half of your usual draw, stop, inhale air to fill the rest of your lungs up, wait 4 seconds, and then exhale as hard as you can, you can eliminate almost all the vapour (YMMV). Very handy when you've really got to be stealthy ;)
Funny, that is something I’ve done before just didn’t know the term. Kinda reminds me of my old days of smoking green, leafy stuff.....except for the hacking & choking. Haha

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Dare you, double dare you!:banana: Hey! Hoping your possible shingles are getting sorted. Fingers and paws crossed.
The steroid cream they gave me is knocking it out fast, which makes me think it's not shingles after all, though we have no idea what it is. Bad rash around my left eye, and along my leg. But the eye is mostly cleared up, and the leg is almost there. It was one of those "you might have shingles, but we don't think so, but we have no idea what else it could be" scenarios.

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
The steroid cream they gave me is knocking it out fast, which makes me think it's not shingles after all, though we have no idea what it is. Bad rash around my left eye, and along my leg. But the eye is mostly cleared up, and the leg is almost there. It was one of those "you might have shingles, but we don't think so, but we have no idea what else it could be" scenarios.
One of those mysteries of life. Just grateful it’s clearing up! Not fairsies for a gentle sloth soul.
Have a sweet day.
Not to brag but we had below freezing temps (ok 31 degrees) and snow (ok a dusting that melted quickly). Now do I qualify as a “Northerner?” Haha

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm a bit cloudy for a MTL vaper given the fact that I can't PG. I have an air purifier at home, even though the husband vapes inside too, but not as much as me.

For a stealth attack there is nothing like the single use "family" bathroom available in most places. Just don't look at the changing table and remind yourself that you are going to really clear up the air in there and do the world a favor.

With that said I have vaped in a stall. Inside the courthouse in which my son's fate was going to be decided.

I was stressed. It was empty. Oh, I suppose I could have been charged with SOMETHING but I don't really know what, actually, since le city De Tucson hasn't even made it illegal to vape in public places like parks and whatnot.

The courthouse may have had security but it was still a public place.

I did not vape in the courtroom however, even when she mixed up my son's file with the truly felonious gentleman standing before her (she was a non-lawyer judge) and I had to hold my tongue until the court clerk muttered, "I have to go off record." and then GRABBED the file out of her hands going, "That is next. THIS is the file you need. I am going back on record now."

It may have been helpful, she was pretty flustered I probably COULD have vaped, if the court clerk ad the husband were not there. SHE would have noticed, and my husband would have asphyxiated me into unconsciousness.

I try hard to Vape Nice mostly. I don't even vape in Walmart anymore. I have no clue what difference it makes but I try to be respectful.

Anna

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada

It would probably get you on a list of some sort, but it would be hilarious. Given what I've witnessed at YVR, SFO, LAX, SEA, and PHX, it wouldn't take long at all once you were set up.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Not until that's negative 31 degrees ;)
That's crazy talk. It was -1C today and the public transit almost shut down. The freshly flowered daffodils were very sad. The dogs weren't, however - every last one I saw today was wearing a sweater. Who knits their dog a sweater in a place that gets to -1C 6 days a year?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread