Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
finally got my boards in, here she is, no screen glitches so far and vaping like it should:
image-4.jpg

image_4.jpg

image_3.jpg

image_7.jpg

image_5.jpg

image_6.jpg

- love the size and replaceable battery.
- screen cover is tinted so its very hard to read outside.
- dont love the adjustabe 510, but im willing to live with it since i dont want to change the design by addind a fd 510.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleMike

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
Very nice job and like the small form factor....clean internals absent of HG.....

thanks, pal! i hate hg...especially in the case of repairs or further mods.

Very nice job!! Love how you used the original buttons. It's the one thing keeping me from doing this. Well time and money always play a factor as well:)

thanks, mate! my plan was only to mod it if i could figure out a way to keep it as original as possible, cosmetically speaking. i did forgo the charger since i needed the space for the buttons.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
How did you get the boards for the buttons to stay in place? Or is that by design from cloupor? It's hard to tell from the pictures so I can't tell if there actually mounted to the case or not. I'd imagine from hundreds of presses over time they will move if not mounted securely.

i epoxied them.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
Nicely done, my son (27) really wanted one of these cloupor mini, until we read that some just randomly fail (nice way of saying melt, burn or blow up). Using the box to put a DNA in way awesome! [emoji106]

the only reason i got this was to put the dna in it, at 40 bucks for the mod and coop price for board makes it a totally affordable and amazing piece.

Last edited:

Kaana

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2015
Bosphorus
Very well done.

My cloupor died when my cousin dropped to the ground.

I think I'm gonna do this swap when the next co-op completed.

Havent measured the screen bezel, big screen may fit too

I would like to replace the 510 connector, do you know any connector with same diameter but spring enabled

And, did you buy a new usb charger or used cloupor mini's ?

thanks

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
dont think the big screen will fit, but not 100% sure. fat daddy or varitube have spring loaded 510's but if you want something the same size, id think youd have to use a standard 510 from madvapes or somewhere similar. i opted to forgo a charger, wasnt needed for the way i use batteries. i always have spares ready to go and use a much faster external charger.

Kaana

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2015
Bosphorus
dont think the big screen will fit, but not 100% sure. fat daddy or varitube have spring loaded 510's but if you want something the same size, id think youd have to use a standard 510 from madvapes or somewhere similar. i opted to forgo a charger, wasnt needed for the way i use batteries. i always have spares ready to go and use a much faster external charger.

thank you, I already have varitube 22mm so I'm going to check it out how it looks on a small frame.
If it look awkward I'm gonna order a smaller one that you recommended

If I would go with the big screen, the screen work will be a bit tricky

I have measured the screen window on empty cloupor enclosure, and confirmed your opinion.

the dimensions are 20x7 mm and we already know big screen dna40 needs 22mm width.

Good news there is an unused at least per 2 mm space on sides behind the plexy as frame,

I think I can work on it and make little bit wider without modifying the plexy bezel.

Little bit challenge but it's like what picasso said;

I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.:D

note: 22mm varitube didnt sit flush, had at least 1 mm lip on three sides.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread