Ks
www.k-msejuice.com
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: deleted as per OP request

dmarnaud2

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Tauranga, New Zealand
I used to smoke Kretek Reds back in the 80's. I think Dajarum but not realy sure. I smoked cloves 10 a day for a year or two and never coughed up blood once. Back when I started vaping in August 09 I tried V4L 0mg Clove and in my opinion it is nothing like a clove cigarette. I just tried a couple drops again and it still is not the real thing. Will try AmericaneLiquidStore.com when I get a chance. I also have an ounce of clove buds I may just grind up and triturate in alcohol and see what I end up with.

Last edited:

Raven_Blackblade

ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Kent, Washington
I used to smoke cloves exclusively, just didnt care for regular cig taste. Has anyone tried clove ejuice before? Any brand better than the other?

I have found that all the clove flavors that I have tried remind me of the nostalgia clove gum. I have yet to have found a clove juice that reminds me of my precious djarum blacks.

GorjessMD

Jun 6, 2010
NY
I found this thread very interesting and as a clove only smoker of greater than 15 years....I have yet to find that combination to replicate the clove analog.......I like the clove taste of DIY Flavorshack's clove (even gives you a little mouth tingle) but something was missing so I got a little cinnamon to add to the mix.......ok....almost there but maybe it needs a touch of something sweet (vanilla perhaps???).....just wondering if anyone found that "clove cigarette" flavor

Hey everyone!

Well, I have had two days to test out Tasty Vapor's Kretek clove. Overall, I'm gonna say that I am very pleased! That said, I may have TV tweak their recipe a little for my particular taste.

Anyway, here are the details. I used a Joye 510 with a cartomizer instead of a standard cartridge. I did a side-by-side comparison with a Djarum Light (the cigs, much different than the current Djarum Special "cigars" now sold in the US). That particular analog is in between a kretek and a typical cig. Wow, it had been over a week since I smoked a Djarum, and the first taste note was a nasty smoke flavor! OK, past that, the analog had good throat hit (of course), a little clove and spice, and some tongue and throat numbing. To my delight, the sensation of the TV Kretek (in 20% VG) compared quite well! Flavor was good, only slightly sweet, plenty of spice (no noticeable licorice), with some clove mixed in, and a slight numbing, mostly on the tongue. The major difference was that the TV Kretek juice gets a lot of its spiciness and kick from cinnamon, IMO. I do have to say that some of that may have been due to my poor mixing of the bottle before filling up the cartomizer, since the next day on my refill, it seemed more clove and less cinnamon. I also thought that might just be my tastebuds getting nuked from the cinnamon, but my wife agreed, and she only took a few puffs of mine each day. As an added bonus, I got that kretek-like snap, crackle and pop from my cartomizer!

In all, very good, and by far the best juice I have had to replace kretek analogs. The best thing is that it really helped curb my desire for the analogs. Way to go, Geoff!

For my personal taste, I would prefer a little more clove and less cinnamon, as long as the clove doesn't kill the throat hit. Maybe this will improve a tad as the TV Kretek juice ages. I may also mix up some juices that I have, and if I find anything good will pass it on here and/or the DIY threads.

Happy vaping!

Bombenhagel

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Nowhere
I tried the TastyVapor Kretek also. It seems to be my favorite of 3 that I've tried (Revolver Clove Black, Djarum Mild from VaporStation and TS Kretek), although I get a definite chocolate undertone in mine as well. I especially like how the 30ml bottle is built for precision.

In related business, I am mixing some of my own clove flavors in fine proportions with LorAnn and Perfumer's Apprentice ingredients. More on that later. I have one now that tastes just like a Wismilak. Delicious. I vape it and vape it and vape it until I'm slurping on the atomizer, itself a sticky mess, completely turned on and hot in my hands. :vapor: All night long.

Well, as long as these batteries hold out, anyway... :glare:

Bombenhagel

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Nowhere
I tried the TastyVapor Kretek also. It seems to be my favorite of 3 that I've tried (Revolver Clove Black, Djarum Mild from VaporStation and TS Kretek), although I get a definite chocolate undertone in mine as well. I especially like how the 30ml bottle is built for precision.

What I am saying is that they are all good flavors, but none match 100% the flavor we have been searching for.

Brief rundown since I can see you are looking for answers:

They all deliver a good throat kick.

1) TastyVapor Kretek, 30ml, 48mg/nicotine
* Dominant chocolate flavor, rich but not overpowering. Least vapor.
* Undertones of cherry; possibly whiskey complement the chocolate.

2) Revolver Clove Black, 30ml, 24mg/nicotine
* Juice smells like maple, tastes like cinnamon. Most vapor.
* Dominant cinnamon, maple and cherry flavors. Rich and hard hitting.

3) VaporStation Djarum Mild, 30ml, 35mg/nicotine
* Not as strong or as sweet as either of the previous two. Unique.
* More like tobacco, woody and mellow. Needs sweetener, IMHO.

Now, could everyone do the same thing in exactly the same format for other brands clove you've tried?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread