Status
Not open for further replies.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
I took a look at clubsnus and didn't really find anything of interest. I don't know if he has been partially cleaned out already or what.
Could be hittman. I got 3 rolls from him last night as soon as I saw the notice. Asidrave did also, sure several others have done so as well. The PACT jitters have us acting as vultures...

Vaporer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Away..
Stubby,
I'm shocked. Me, a pessimist? roflmao
I'm a realist, survivalist and am so analytical I'm ....-lytical.
What been broke off in my ... over 56yrs could be a great junkyard.

Not a thing in my post was speculation but the "possible" individual state permits required. Just the facts as they presently stand. No sugar coating.
We all dont live in big cities or near them where tobacco shops abound. My closest 1 is 50mi 1 way. Very limited supply. Next is 110mi 1 way.
I don't suffer from myopathy.

Actually, all these internet places could survive by selling higher, due to the new imposed regulations, and only shipping to the state they are in. Seen anyone of them offering to do that? I havent. The gov wants their taxes and will have them by any means they see fit. Our gov will cut off their own nose to spite their face.
These places are going to go down and tobacco users arent big enough to fight the fight. It appears that the suppliers don't want less profits selling in just their state.
Many are 1-3 people operations. Not like they cant make payroll.

Scan the forum for threads started by me and you won't see a pessimist. You'll find a person that is working on solutions to every roadblock they throw our way. I'm not a supplier and I expect to make not a single penny from any of it. All I'd love is for those that can have a proven means to beat them and the ones that can learn or help, teach or help others. The ones that have helped, I give a standing ovation. I don't give a damn abt credit or praise for it. If I did , I'd be posting my links everywhere. It pisses me off when I know so many others have the skills to do this too and sit on ther asses knowing they can make it and the hell with the rest. I'm not applying for sainthood either.

I'll end this rant, leave this thread and go back to working on solutions.
Stubby, I know you made it through quitting PV's and are only back to snus or snuff and I think thats great for you.
If you ever find the need, you are welcome to use anything I've posted that might help you.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
Wasnt it Jonathin Stubby used a video saying he was going to stay the course. Wasnt that video what Stubby used as proof I was over reacting to pact and spreading unsubstansuated speculation about pact and should zip it. Hmmm where is Johnathin now? was I over reacting? Even if I will be able to order snus it will prob be at twice the price but I tell you, my attourney friend who is no fool says their ultimate goal is to totally shut internet ordering down.

Last edited:

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Hey now Vaperor, sorry if I got your gander up. Not what I intended at all.

I just thought you were jumping the gun a bit by implying that all the venders will be shutting down because one small time vender shut down. Well... I still do think you're jumping the gun on that one. Just trying to go with what is known and not with what I think might happen or an opinion. I've followed the discussion over at snuson for some time. They have a lot more at stake with this then the general membership of ECF for obvious reasons. I see no one stating gloom and doom over there. They're getting lots of direct input from both venders (well, at least Northerner) and manufactures. Both of them are dotting the i's and crossing the t's to comply with both the FDA and PACT act. The have a whole lot of self interest in selling in the US market.

Clubsnus is (was) small time and doesn't have the resources to deal with it so there gone. He was basically running this thing part time (he has a day job) out of his house so not surprising he couldn't deal with the rather complex regulations. He initially had every intention of staying open... obviously didn't work out that way. Very bad timing on his part to try and get an on-line tobacco business going and then get slammed by the PACT act. I'm not looking at it as the first domino but as an expected casualty.

Hey, I could be wrong and we're all doomed, but as of now I'm not seeing it. I'll deal with it if it happens.

Last edited:

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Like most around here, I hate to see the small vendors closing up shop, but from a business perspective there is value in seeing the marketplace consolidated a bit. While it creates fewer store options for the consumer, for the businesses themselves it creates a larger sales volume... and ultimately more volume = more customers = more profit = a bigger voice with state and federal regulators. Seeing Swedish Match in bed with BT in this case is a good thing.

It's exactly what I would like to see happen with the fragmented PV industry.

How's that for being a contrarian?

I hate to be a pessimist, no, capitalism doesn't work that way. Fewer vendors equals less competition, less competition equals higher prices and possibly fewer selections. It's always a better situation for the customer when a bunch of little guys are competing for the same business. I don't see us losing the ability to buy on-line, but I do see where any who seriously sell snus will have to go brick and mortar, at least for US companies. Prices will increase to cover those costs also. All in all, we'll most likely end up paying the same price for internet orders as we would pay at the local tobacco mart. The powers that be would prefer we did our shopping locally, hence internet purchases would likely be more limited to folks like Vaporer and me who live in the Boondocks and would spend a small bundle on gas to go snus shopping. The easy days are falling away, but I don't think anybody'll do without unless they so choose. Remember, the government wants to rape and pillage, not take it away. Too much moola to fund their pet projects. I hope in the next year or so I can become self-sufficient in making my own snus and screw 'em all. Anyway AllCo, while I like your optimism and wish you could be right, that's just not the way things work :(.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
I don't see us losing the ability to buy on-line, but I do see where any who seriously sell snus will have to go brick and mortar, at least for US companies. Prices will increase to cover those costs also. All in all, we'll most likely end up paying the same price for internet orders as we would pay at the local tobacco mart. The powers that be would prefer we did our shopping locally, hence internet purchases would likely be more limited to folks like Vaporer and me who live in the Boondocks and would spend a small bundle on gas to go snus shopping. The easy days are falling away, but I don't think anybody'll do without unless they so choose. Remember, the government wants to rape and pillage, not take it away. Too much moola to fund their pet projects. I hope in the next year or so I can become self-sufficient in making my own snus and screw 'em all. Anyway AllCo, while I like your optimism and wish you could be right, that's just not the way things work :(.

I agree Twisted. There is a discussion at snuson that goes along with what I've been thinking for some time. This will make it easier for brick and mortar shops to carry snus so will likely see a big expansion of that in the next few years. Well...I hope so anyway. The door is certainly a lot wider open for that to happen What's been holding them back is they haven't been able to compete with e-venders. I guess there is some little bright side to this.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa

TWISTED VICTOR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2009
The edge of Mayhem
Yeah Stubby, if I could actually see the future I think that's what we'd be looking at. This time in the snus sun has been great, but the winds of change are comin'. Might even be some big ones, like a Walmart type tobacco mart. And I don't have a problem with higher prices from vendors who just wanna make an honest living, but plan to do all I can to not donate to our nanny state. Thinking about the "fried food save the children anti-tobacco quit or die lady" from Indiana who appeared on the 60 Minutes show, I probably paid part of her salary last year. I don't want to do that anymore, so I'll stock-up as I can and hopefully I'll have enough to see me through to the self-sufficient future. Vaporer's hot on the trail with some Rustica, so after he works out the bugs I'll follow his lead ;).

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
Yeah Stubby, if I could actually see the future I think that's what we'd be looking at. This time in the snus sun has been great, but the winds of change are comin'. Might even be some big ones, like a Walmart type tobacco mart. And I don't have a problem with higher prices from vendors who just wanna make an honest living, but plan to do all I can to not donate to our nanny state. Thinking about the "fried food save the children anti-tobacco quit or die lady" from Indiana who appeared on the 60 Minutes show, I probably paid part of her salary last year. I don't want to do that anymore, so I'll stock-up as I can and hopefully I'll have enough to see me through to the self-sufficient future. Vaporer's hot on the trail with some Rustica, so after he works out the bugs I'll follow his lead ;).

Well that is consistant with what I read is Swedish Matchs marketing plan the thing that sucks is having to pay the state and pay to support the vendors overhead, TV you may be right that snus will cost what smoking does.

AllCoExPat

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
Elkton, MD
I hate to be a pessimist, no, capitalism doesn't work that way. Fewer vendors equals less competition, less competition equals higher prices and possibly fewer selections. It's always a better situation for the customer when a bunch of little guys are competing for the same business. I don't see us losing the ability to buy on-line, but I do see where any who seriously sell snus will have to go brick and mortar, at least for US companies. Prices will increase to cover those costs also. All in all, we'll most likely end up paying the same price for internet orders as we would pay at the local tobacco mart. The powers that be would prefer we did our shopping locally, hence internet purchases would likely be more limited to folks like Vaporer and me who live in the Boondocks and would spend a small bundle on gas to go snus shopping. The easy days are falling away, but I don't think anybody'll do without unless they so choose. Remember, the government wants to rape and pillage, not take it away. Too much moola to fund their pet projects. I hope in the next year or so I can become self-sufficient in making my own snus and screw 'em all. Anyway AllCo, while I like your optimism and wish you could be right, that's just not the way things work :(.

Good perspective, TV. You might be the only person in the universe who has ever accused me of being an optimist, though. ;) I suppose you're right that Uncle wants his cut more than anything else... and as much as I hate paying taxes, it's ensuring long-term availability of the product that I was most worried about. Selection is certainly going to be impacted negatively, but it does seem that snus will still be available... at a price. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread