Nov 2, 2012
NoVa

Ictinike

A Minion of Cthulhu
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
NE Ohio, USA
More pics and atop a VAMO (upside down), comparison to an AGA-T (v1) and a failed macro of the ceramic & coil portion..

IMG_20130122_113727_529.jpg IMG_20130122_113836_022.jpg IMG_20130122_114222_507.jpg IMG_20130122_115514_854.jpg IMG_20130122_115600_489.jpg

Ictinike

A Minion of Cthulhu
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
NE Ohio, USA
<<- Anxiously waiting for my vape mail :D My mail usually gets here ~1-2

Hope you have some NR and resistance wires, even though it comes per-assembled but my guess it only has resistance wire.

Yep I have some 30g .999 silver dead soft waiting and a spools of 32/36 A1 Kanthal and 32 C Nichrome :)

Ictinike

A Minion of Cthulhu
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
NE Ohio, USA
Not bad.. a bit of gurgleing and leaking out the 510 but that may be my build.. First time Ody (real or clone) user here but it's hitting hard and my head is spinning..

I'm doing some draws like a carto to prime it to keep it out of the 510 and in doing so getting much more vape than I usually do so I'll keep trying and maybe syringe out the juice and try to see what my issue is. Regardless, it hits pretty hard for me @ 10w on a 2.1ohm pre-built coil.

I have some other 3mm silica to try and some from Germany coming soon in the mail..

More updates as I get them but so far other than the gurgle and leaking which is I'm sure my build/fastening it's hitting hard and nice.

Mveraldi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2012
Boca Raton,FL
Not bad.. a bit of gurgleing and leaking out the 510 but that may be my build.. First time Ody (real or clone) user here but it's hitting hard and my head is spinning..

I'm doing some draws like a carto to prime it to keep it out of the 510 and in doing so getting much more vape than I usually do so I'll keep trying and maybe syringe out the juice and try to see what my issue is. Regardless, it hits pretty hard for me @ 10w on a 2.1ohm pre-built coil.

I have some other 3mm silica to try and some from Germany coming soon in the mail..

More updates as I get them but so far other than the gurgle and leaking which is I'm sure my build/fastening it's hitting hard and nice.

It Sounds like a Great Deal, those leaking a gurgling issues are typical of these attys Thanks for the fast input!!!

Ictinike

A Minion of Cthulhu
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
NE Ohio, USA
I can't get this to stop leaking.. it's out of the center pin :(

I've taken just the top of the tank off and added plain water and it drips constantly out of the center pin like a sieve.

I don't know if this will work and have to try and find a way around it. Sadface from me at this point unless I'm missing something..

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
That late in NoVa? I thought those 'ginian's had it down :)

Let us know! :D

USPS in the DC-metro area (DC, VA and MD) recruit their sorters and drivers with traumatic head-injury units of local hospitals. Some of these drivers couldn't deliver a punchline to a knock-knock joke in a timely manner, and the sorters in the central facilities in Merrifield and Gaithersburg have a difficult time sorting their thoughts on a busy day... ;-)

(Censored and edited--AND received a PM "rules violation" notice from the mods? You've got to be joking, right?)

Last edited:

lolwut

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2012
NoVa
USPS in the DC-metro area (DC, VA and MD) recruit their sorters and drivers from crack houses and the traumatic head-injury units of local hospitals. Some of these drivers couldn't deliver a punchline to a knock-knock joke in a timely manner, and the sorters in the central facilities in Merrifield and Gaithersburg have a difficult time sorting their thoughts on a busy day... ;-)

LOLOL pure genious! that is the truth man.

lolwut

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2012
NoVa
Ok this seems to be fixing the leak. Take just the coil housing and the mouthpiece screw the mouthpiece on as far as it will go, then move the locking ring up to the base of the mouthpiece, then throw on the bottom piece and get it as tight as it will go. here are some pictures as well hopefully this will fix it.

IMG_20130122_205449.jpg IMG_20130122_205518(2).jpg

Last edited:

Ictinike

A Minion of Cthulhu
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
NE Ohio, USA
LMAO Stereo :)

So I re-watched the TOBECO movie they sent us and I found something I was not doing.

They put a clear silicone o-ring over the ceramic before screwing on the mouthpiece. They tighten it down but not too much and what do you know, it seems to work.

I took out 1 of the 2 white/clear o-rings and snapped it on and put the MP on enough not to squish it out when over-tightening and added water. Prior it would drip, drip, drip out the center pin but for now, going on 5 mins it's not dripped one drop. I can suck or blow through the mp and nothing comes out.

I slowly loosened it up a bit and sucked and got water and quickly tightened it back down and no more water through the mouthpiece or the bottom of the center pin.

Not sure why it would not have been mounted as it was since it seemed to be built but I'm hoping this is all that was needed. Will report back.

Ictinike

A Minion of Cthulhu
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
NE Ohio, USA
Ok this seems to be fixing the leak. Take just the coil housing and the mouthpiece screw the mouthpiece on as far as it will go, then move the locking ring up to the base of the mouthpiece, then throw on the bottom piece and get it as tight as it will go. here are some pictures as well hopefully this will fix it.

View attachment 171519 View attachment 171520

Tried that already and hope it works for you but eventually it would leak out and once it got going it wouldn't stop.

My center pin stuck WAY out of the 510 that way and I could barely get it into my Vamo that way also. If I went all the way up to the MP flush the center pin stuck out a good 1-2mm which was hell on my center pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread