COIL BUILD: Good vapor production and flavor from 1 ohm +

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been building coils on my nimbus clone ever since I got in some 30 and 28g kanthal. I haven't made a coil so far that will satisfy my need for thick vapor and flavor that isn't below 0.9 ohm.

Anyone have a good coil build that will deliver that thick vapor with decent flavor without going sub ohm? I don't need a huge amount of vapor, just thick and tasty.

I've tried dual and single micro coils, nano and micro dragons, and silica wick coils.

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
whats your PG / VG ratio?. i use about 90% VG in my dripping attys.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...cussion/498945-my-build-ego-octopus-mini.html

this could be done on any dripper.

you could use the 30 gauge wire, twist it like shown in the link and a 3/4 wrap of twisted 30 on 2 strands of 2 MM silica would be about 1 ohm, but you would only run 1 coil on your dripper.. ( i do exactly this all the time)

you might also try using like 8/9 wraps of the twisted 30 gauge on 2 strands of 2 MM silica and using 2 coils on your dripper. (i have no idea how well that will work).

TheReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
Kaua'i - Nevada
You mean like this? cept this is 12 wraps
3axMctx.jpg

MVega

Sep 24, 2013
California
I've been building coils on my nimbus clone ever since I got in some 30 and 28g kanthal. I haven't made a coil so far that will satisfy my need for thick vapor and flavor that isn't below 0.9 ohm.

Anyone have a good coil build that will deliver that thick vapor with decent flavor without going sub ohm? I don't need a huge amount of vapor, just thick and tasty.

I've tried dual and single micro coils, nano and micro dragons, and silica wick coils.

26 gauge micro, 10 wrap nice vape good flavor

I have found that the least bit of cotton possible will get more vapor. I always use batteries that are rated for my builds. Thanks for the concern.

Lately I've been making box mods - much better on the batteries with two of them in parallel. I have a lot of quality scrap wood available, I will post some pics of my projects soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread