Coil Build up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris850

Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Panama City Florida
Ive recently been getting into the DIY liquid, started when I seen a clone of the bobas bounty and wanted to try, well it went from there, the fever set in and now I cant stop buying flavors lol. My concern is something in my flavor is causing alot of buildup on my coils. I can build it and vape all day, by the time I get home from work it seems like the battery is dieing, change battery and same thing, (by the way this on my kayfun). I get home and open up the kayfun and this thick black gunk is built up all over the coil and the wick. Im worried that this is not good for me, if it builds up on the addy like that whats it doing to my lungs???!!! Heres a break down of my ingrediants so maybe one of you could pinpoint the culpret!

Black Mile + (ECIGX)
Cinnamon Danish (TFA)
Graham Cracker (TFA)
Coconut (TFA)
Almond Natural (Lorann)
Vinegar

Ive used the black mile and coconut in other flavors and dont have this problem. The graham cracker Im using in another flavor now and havnt noticed it yet (2 Days now). I think its narrowed down to the cinnamon danish or vinegar, Im not vaping vinegar by itself. Has anyone else run into this on any of there flavors? Is it something I should be concerned with?

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Well itd be easy to figure out. If you used like 2% vinegar or something, just make a flavorless nic batch and add 2% vinegar. Theres no need to vape straight vinegar. You could also make the cinnamon danish on its own. Generally speaking, most of the mixes I make are mild on the coils, but yes, when one recipe drives me nuts, I dissect it to figure out exactly what makes it gunk.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
If you compare the build up in the carto to smoking an analog cigarette the build up and what gets in your lungs is basically insignificant compared to cigarette smoke. As an ex smoker to me it's not a big concern but I do appreciate your concern. To me what is more anoying with these types of mixes is one mix I can go all week before having to clean and dry burn or rebuild. But with others they can clog a coil within a day. These are usually the overly sweet creamy mixes. Sweeteners and such are known to cause this. The advice given above is very good advice. Vape each flavor individually until you find the suspect flavor and switch that out for another manufactures flavor. If you really love the flavor then you will just have to clean and dry burn more. If your adding sweetener then try reducing it. I know it's kinda a catch 22 where on one hand the mix is really good and you don't want to change it but on the other hand it distroys your cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread