Coil Burning out Extremely Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyBoi699

Sep 1, 2017
Over the past three days i have gone through two coils, each only getting about 400 puffs. I'm not sure what is causing it. I'm using Crimson tears from bulldog vapors e-juice on a smok q-box with a baby beast .4 ohm coil 55-65 watt and my wattage is on 50. I've used this e-juice once before and this is the second time using it has and it has caused problems for me (everything else I've been using for a few months straight and this is the first time I have had this problem). Anybody have any solutions for me? Or maybe even an alternate juice thats very similar?

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've used this e-juice once before and this is the second time using it has and it has caused problems for me (everything else I've been using for a few months straight and this is the first time I have had this problem).

If you've had issues with this juice before in other hardware like I think you said above, it's probably the juice. Some juices are more 'gunky' than others.

If my interpretation of your post is not accurate, please give us more information. I can't help with alternatives because I have never vaped this juice.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It sounds like your juice, some are known coil-cloggers. If you really like it, save it for an RTA or something where you can build yourself. I don't know that juice but you may actually want to look for something Dissimilar, rather than the same. You need something with low sweeteners, clear or very light juice, and probably a different PG/VG ratio (less VG) to enjoy better coil life.

Best of luck,

Anna

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I DIY my juice and admit it is a real coil gunker. My juice contains creams and other sweeteners. I use Kayfun tanks and make my own coils so there is no problem with wicking every other day. I am not familiar with the juice you are using but to me, I think the juice is a contributing factor. One thing you can try is rinsing your coils with hot water to remove the gunk. Let the coil dry real well before using. What can it hurt?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I've done that with coils in the past and gotten a 3--5 days extra use out of them, which is good considering that all I'm doing is washing the thing thoroughly.... With that said, I do have to accept that my coil may uncertainly die at any moment, but it's not a huge issue.

I have also kept all my spent coils for the vacopalypse closet, in case rebuilding ever needs to happen (and downloaded tutorials) though I have NO desire to do that YET, but who knows when I may need to (I do not). I feel like a bit of a hoarder over it, it's not so much the expense of coils but what if someday I cannot get them.

Having some RTAs going well is relieving, but I think there will always be a place for drop in coils in my life. :)

Anna

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you like the taste of the problem e-liquid there are some things you can do to it to possibly make it more vapeable. It will take a small amount of DIY e-liquid supplies to do it though if you want to keep it at the same nic level.

I started making my own e-liquid very quickly on my vaping journey because I could not stand paying outrageous prices for something that I could not vape. I began my DIY journey by buying small bottles of pg, vg and 36mg/ml nicotine. (I now buy my pg/vg by the gallon and 100mg/ml nicotine by the liter). There are some suppliers that sell unflavored e-liquid already made with your preferred nic strength and pg/vg ratio but you will be paying top dollar for the convenience.

You may find that if you cut the problem e-liquid in half or more you will still get the flavor you like but it will no longer clog up your coils as quickly. Most store bought stuff is way over flavored to start with so handles diluting very well.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My main reason to DIY (besides cost and convenience) was coil gunking issues and once being able to taste again, commercial juice being over flavored to my palate. Diluting it is a great way to kind of dip your toes into DIY and find out how juices and flavors can change. I have yet to make a mix that I've truly hated, I did mix in my premade juices to start, and was able to get a feel for DIY. It's really fun, kind of like cooking with nicotine... :)

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread