Coil help plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Leigh

Sep 9, 2015
So I am looking for flavor more then clouds. I have on hand 28G and 24G Kanthal. The rda is a Derringer I have sigelei 100W and some mechs am using VTC4s. I don't care about Ohms as long as its .2 or above so I can use it on my sigelei if not I will have to use a mech. I am running a single twisted 28G about 2mm reads 1.1 Ohms. Can anyone help?

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
Dual Parallel, 24 ga kanthal. 3 mm, 8 wraps ~~.2 ohms

I know you said all you had was 28 and 24 Kanthal but if you do the same build as above with Nichrome 80 26 ga it would ramp up quicker and also ohm out at .2ish

Here's a top view of my Mutation X v3 with a dual parallel 24 ga Nichrome build

Dual Parallel 24 ga Nic60.jpg

BreeZyCloudZ

Sep 23, 2015
NC
Honestly, theres only two ways to go about flavor, twisted or claptons, i like to use either triple twisted wire or fused claptons. I use all Ni80 on my builds, so youd have to order some different wire for those. Also, a single is not gonna do it, with the wire that you have, either twisted duals or a simple quad will do. Id triple twist the 28G or 2 28G and 1 24G dual coils. I like my ohms around .25 for flavor so do your wraps accordingly. Also, either do verticals or tilt coils with middle post side higher(what i do). Also, your wicking matters, you want it kinda fluffy or use the iTEO wicking method. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread