Coil ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I use single 18650 tubes and don't build below .25, using 26 or 28 ga 3mm coils. Every now in then, I'll do a parallel set up with mixed 26/30 or 28/30. I don't usually go up to 22 ga unless I'm using a VW mod, ramp time is too long and just holds too much heat for my liking.

I quit worrying about clouds though, unless it's a comp. It just burns through too much liquid for show to me. If you want huge clouds go .25 (depending on battery(s) type, size, amount) straight VG and work on breathing exercises, the more you get in the more clouds that come out, lol.

You can also look into stacked mods, so you're increasing voltage, which means you can build higher (draw less amps) but still accomplish the same thing as a single battery low build. If you do just use the same batteries and keep them a matched set.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
In a nut shell cuZ I told a new mech user to vape at .13-.15ohm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbs shouldn't be using mech mods to begin with. Another thing is if you're using a mech mod and have to ask what resistance your coils should be you shouldn't be using a mech mod. Before using a mech mod ohm's law and battery safety should be known FIRST.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
We were all new and using them way back when. It was the only way to vape if one wanted to vape sub ohms for bigger clouds. Never heard the flack about it that you do now days. Not up to me to save the world. Blows up on someone, I learn what not to do. LOL We should do out best to advise them on safe usage and not criticize them. CHEERS!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread