Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I have a coil master kit and love it. But I’ve always been curious as to what the tough or cut out is on the coil jig tool.

Does anyone know? I’m guessing the other holes are for right and left handed winding. Or maybe clockwise or counter clockwise. Is there any difference in the coils if winding away from or towards me. I use to wind it towards me or counter clockwise but somewhere along the line was suggested to wind clockwise. I honestly don’t know why.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Go Bruins!!

1BAABC50-AFF6-455A-9E9D-EE2C0B3BB38D.jpeg

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I have a coil master kit and love it. But I’ve always been curious as to what the tough or cut out is on the coil jig tool.

Does anyone know? I’m guessing the other holes are for right and left handed winding. Or maybe clockwise or counter clockwise. Is there any difference in the coils if winding away from or towards me. I use to wind it towards me or counter clockwise but somewhere along the line was suggested to wind clockwise. I honestly don’t know why.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Go Bruins!!

View attachment 812037
It's to lay your wire in. I just hold the wire with my thumb usually.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
It's to lay your wire in. I just hold the wire with my thumb usually.

Say what??? How would that work? The wire comes out (or goes in) of the side which I hold down with my thumb as well.

So instead of holding it via thumb it gets turned 180 degs up to the cap? I’m having a hard time visualizing this. Maybe it adds more tension? if you can figure out how to do it though.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston

Ooooohhhhh kay!!! Thanks I’m totally a visual person (and airhead). That explains it all. I don’t use any wire that’s too thick for the holes although I do have some flat wire I just haven’t worked with yet.

I knew I’d get answers here from you beautiful people :thumbs: !!

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Is there any difference in the coils if winding away from or towards me.

it depends on the atomiser

if you some day buy one that suits opposite to what you'll do, it'll make sense. You say yo are visual, so gessing you'd just know when you saw it

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I just noticed Mr (or Miss) bright eyes in the background. Kitty knows how to use it, with some treats I am sure he (or she) will be more than willing to give a demonstration. Just keep in mind that with the lack of opposable thumbs, that demonstration may seem like he (or she) is just batting it around and toying with it.

• Love
Reactions: Fidola13

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston

if you some day buy one that suits opposite to what you'll do, it'll make sense. You say yo are visual, so gessing you'd just know when you saw it

Ha! Well let’s hope so! I’ve got so many atties it’s hard to imagine there’s a deck type I haven’t seen yet! I guess I better keep buying them to find that elusive ccw one :lol:!

Reactions: Doffy

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I just noticed Mr (or Miss) bright eyes in the background. Kitty knows how to use it, with some treats I am sure he (or she) will be more than willing to give a demonstration. Just keep in mind that with the lack of opposable thumbs, that demonstration may seem like he (or she) is just batting it around and toying with it.

Yep that was Miss Gracie. I was giving her a tutorial on basic coil winding when she asked me about that groove. Embarrassingly, I needed to admit that I didn’t know BUT I knew where I could find out. Hence my post.

I wonder if I’m the only one who didn’t know what it was for. :rolleyes:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston

Now I’m frustrated about which types of decks would need ccw wind coils. Any examples????

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Now I’m frustrated about which types of decks would need ccw wind coils. Any examples????
No. But I know I have had some over the years. None I currently use. But sometimes to get the right combination for legs up or coil up, from memory .

There is probably good reason that I no longer have those RDA

Reactions: Fidola13

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Here's a pic of my Serpent mini deck. It will only accept CCW coils. If one does wind a CW coil, you either wind another coil, CCW this time (as I have done, uh, more than once..), or you have to leave the legs longer and have some long nose pliers ready..
    8rYAH4ECBkueBYMMW78qVmNC4yWFvb

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread